COLUMN: On Re-al Mitchell, emptying out the mailbag

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
Hey thanks for the write up CW. Now I’ve got an excuse to try some different whiskeys. I usually drink makers mark, templeton, or Jim beam... time to expand that a little.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
On the Jared thing ... I was gonna do a long post about this at some point this week but a quick hit for you guys here ...

To sum it up, I'm burnt out. That iHeart thing a few weeks took a lot out of me. The best thing for CF is to get some of the day to day things off of my plate, let me focus on what I love, growing our brand and the Cyclones. It's as simple as that. Jared has worked hard and become a guy that I cannot live without. I trust him like family. CF needs some young energy behind it. The 24/7, 365 day news cycle has worn me down and frankly, I'm tired of working 60 hour weeks. I want to spend more time with my daughters. So you guys won't see a lot of the changes but they are happening behind the scenes. I'll only be on radio 4 days a week now instead of 5 - part of my negotiation to come back.

This will be a really good thing for CF. Jared will bring more energy to the content side, I'll be able to create more exclusive content and I can focus on growing the business to ensure CF will be here for decades to come.

Hope that helps.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
On the Jared thing ... I was gonna do a long post about this at some point this week but a quick hit for you guys here ...

To sum it up, I'm burnt out. That iHeart thing a few weeks took a lot out of me. The best thing for CF is to get some of the day to day things off of my plate, let me focus on what I love, growing our brand and the Cyclones. It's as simple as that. Jared has worked hard and become a guy that I cannot live without. I trust him like family. CF needs some young energy behind it. The 24/7, 365 day news cycle has worn me down and frankly, I'm tired of working 60 hour weeks. I want to spend more time with my daughters. So you guys won't see a lot of the changes but they are happening behind the scenes. I'll only be on radio 4 days a week now instead of 5 - part of my negotiation to come back.

This will be a really good thing for CF. Jared will bring more energy to the content side, I'll be able to create more exclusive content and I can focus on growing the business to ensure CF will be here for decades to come.

Hope that helps.

Hmmmm. Sigmapolis's perspective is much more interesting.

Seriously, Jared does a great job on the podcasts. He really brings a ton of knowledge and analysis. And he seems to work really well with the other CF voices.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron