Collin Bevins to NWMSU

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Oh.... and by the way.... NWSU has 2 players currently in the NFL. ISU has 13. Iowa has 35. Texas has 42. Ohio State has 48.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Oh.... and by the way.... NWSU has 2 players currently in the NFL. ISU has 13. Iowa has 35. Texas has 42. Ohio State has 48.

Did you check and see if Fort Hayes State has any? I thought I knew a lot of schools but I have never heard of that one.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Huh, I wonder why the Collin Bevins thread is back on the front page? Let's just take a look.

Abe-Simpson-walking-in-and-out-the-.gif

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
All he said that could be characterized as such would be where he stated that the players seemed more close knit than at ISU and the coaches preached a family environment that ay differ from that of ISU.

Not scathing but a distinction he made. He lived it. We did not. Hard to argue.

Bearcats land Iowa State transfer Bevins - Gate House

Of course it's hard to argue, because he doesn't give any supporting evidence for his assertions. His "distinction", as you call it, is completely subjective and thus unverifiable. The statements are made in such a way so as to imply that the close-knit, family values atmosphere (generally perceived to be a good thing in the immediate Iowa culture) at his new school was not present at ISU.

In my opinion, he's taking a completely unnecessary parting shot at ISU. Both parties had moved on. It was two weeks after the transfer was announced. There was no reason for him to throw ISU under the bus at that date.

By the way, what do you think about him leaving ISU a couple of months before the season starts? Haven't heard much from you on that issue.

Last edited:

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
I agree. But. Read 11 pages of comments containing items that deserve rebuttal. I am not Bevins, nor a member of his family. Never met the kid or a member if his family. Just a person defending Northwest football by simply stating some context of the program to respond to those who know very little about what they say to demean it. You would do the same.

Whatever you say, Collin.

NoJustice

Jul 20, 2013
Whatever you say, Collin.

I don't know Collin personally, but I would hazard a guess he would say it were if it was. I am just a Northwest apologist that got a bit perturbed with the the disrespect and statements by some who obviously have no idea nor have seen what they comment on in a negative way in person. Yep. This is the lions den. But any self respecting Cyclone fan would do the same. Bon jour.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
I think I might have gotten that one in after he left...let's see how long until he comes back. I've given up hoping he'll go away, now just having fun re-trolling the troll.