College Gameday in Ames?

algonacy

Feb 19, 2012
Iowa
I'd think games like Michigan State at Michigan (Michigan could be undefeated and Fox has the OSU vs Michigan game), Wisconsin at Nebraska (Could decide the B1G West) or Georgia at Auburn would be the pick for Week 12 .

All the more reason our Gameday experience that particular game will be that much more thrilling! This is the season we've waited our whole lives for guys (literally). Don't drop the kool-aid now, just keep passing it around!

• Optimistic
Reactions: jcyclonee

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
Gameday might come to Ames on 9/14 for a match-up of two ranked teams. We'll see. We know they want to come to Ames at some point having never been...

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I don’t want it for the Iowa game but wouldn’t be surprised at all if we get it. Chris Fallica (“Bear” on gameday) has tweeted a few times now about ISU likely getting gameday soon and he also had a tweet a few weeks ago about the cyhawk game

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Not going to happen for the Iowa game at this point (game's on Fox). I'd think the Texas game is our best bet, and we probably need to have only a loss to OU going into that one.
If both us and Texas are undefeated, I’d think it’d be the next best thing to a lock...but you never know with ESPN.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I feel like a lot more has to go right for the ISU UT game to be on gameday. Both teams probably need to make it that far with one loss. The chances of the ISU v Iowa game being the best matchup that day are MUCH higher. It's the best matchup right now IMO. But Syracuse would need to lose one of there first two games because Clemson is just too big of a draw. I don't think either game is very likely.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I'm not saying they won't pick Clemson Syracuse, but that will be two weeks in a row they go to a Clemson game.

No they aren't going to LSU Texas

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Agree. The TCU game would be a better day to see two undefeated teams matched up in Ames.
If ISU and Texas are both undefeated in November, I’m thinking that’s a far better game to see. Especially since we’re likely to expose whoever TCU’s quarterback turns out to be.

Seems like that would be a lock for Gameday.