College Amesday v. 2.0?

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
I think ESPN made an announcement that this year gameday is going to be wherever the night game is so that they can cut down on travel. I think that'll probably make it even more difficult because I bet OU - OSU will be a night game
Correct me if I’m wrong doesn’t Fox have first choice of games? I would assume they would pick OU/OSU for their Big Noon kickoff. Maybe that paves the way for Gameday in Ames?

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Not sure why so many think Bedlam is bigger than Farmageddon right now. If ISU and K-State win their games, they will be in 1st and 2nd Place in the Big Xii - when they play.

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
Not sure why so many think Bedlam is bigger than Farmageddon right now. If ISU and K-State win their games, they will be in 1st and 2nd Place in the Big Xii - when they play.
if K-State beats OSU yes they would be in 1st, but since OSU owns the tie breaker over us right now they would be in 2nd.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Even with your short list, Oklahoma vs. Oklahoma State will still be a bigger name match up than Farmageddon.

Plus game-day always does weird things... Like for November 14, they're doing it in Augusta for the Masters.
Also I still can't get over our "Guest Picker" for our Game Day... Come on, at least get a former Cyclone on there, like the Boeing CEO at that time.
We have to be the only program where the guest picker picked against the home team.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
if K-State beats OSU yes they would be in 1st, but since OSU owns the tie breaker over us right now they would be in 2nd.
1st and tied for 2nd or 3rd (using tiebreaker) would still be better and more meaningful to the standings than the other matchup that includes a team (OU) with 2 conference losses and outside the top 3 vs. OSU with a loss to K-State (in my scenario of ISU and K-State both winning out before they meet).

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Brand names.
OU is a Brand name. Oklahoma State is not any bigger of a brand than Iowa State or Kansas State. If they want to have Game Day at Big Xii spot without the biggest game of the day where BOTH teams have already beaten OU and are ranked ahead of the Sooners, that's up to them. Personally, I don't care where Game Day is, just pointing out that ISU and K-State are a couple of wins each away from having the biggest game of the day in Big Xii-land on 11/21!

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I want the wife beater with a cardinal, gold, purple and white flannel shirt to wear over it.

You can cut the sleeves off of the flannel.
Great point. I would do that too but I’d look like Larry the cable guy and I just don’t know if I want to deal that that much female attention.

• Funny
Reactions: VeloClone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron