College Amesday v. 2.0?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyclonestunners

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 14, 2011
What is everyone's thoughts on the possibility of College Gameday coming back to Ames for a second straight year? I wasn't thinking it was likely... but I just looked at the slate of matchups that weekend. The only two top 25 matchups are us and Kstate and OU vs OSU. Or if Rutgers continues their "tear," then Michigan v Rutgers.

I think it would be great to have them back here for hopefully the Arlington playin game!!

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Even with your short list, Oklahoma vs. Oklahoma State will still be a bigger name match up than Farmageddon.

Plus game-day always does weird things... Like for November 14, they're doing it in Augusta for the Masters.
Also I still can't get over our "Guest Picker" for our Game Day... Come on, at least get a former Cyclone on there, like the Boeing CEO at that time.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Even with your short list, Oklahoma vs. Oklahoma State will still be a bigger name match up than Farmageddon.

Plus game-day always does weird things... Like for November 14, they're doing it in Augusta for the Masters.
Also I still can't get over our "Guest Picker" for our Game Day... Come on, at least get a former Cyclone on there, like the Boeing CEO at that time.

Don't disagree with your overall opinion, but the Boeing CEO at the time was embroiled in their 737 MAX plane issues that resulted in two planes going down and killing people on board.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Don't disagree with your overall opinion, but the Boeing CEO at the time was embroiled in their 737 MAX plane issues that resulted in two planes going down and killing people on board.
OK, get the CEO of Land-O-Lakes. She was also an alumni or this guy who may have saved my life (along with millions of others with Lipitor).
1603817921567.png

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I have no idea whether or not they'll come back this year, but if they do come back in the future, I think it'd be cool to have Monte, Georges, or both. ESPN knows both of those guys very well and they're quite popular among their respective teams in the NBA.

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX

I agree the 737MAX was an awful ordeal, but he was not CEO at the time the MAXes were being developed. It's unfortunate he was the CEO during the ordeal, though.

The MAX was first produced in 2014, he became president of Boeing in 2015. Before 2015, he was working in the defense-side of Boeing, not the civilian side. So it's highly likely he never oversaw the 737MAX's production flaws.

Last edited:

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
I think ESPN made an announcement that this year gameday is going to be wherever the night game is so that they can cut down on travel. I think that'll probably make it even more difficult because I bet OU - OSU will be a night game

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Yeah...unfortunately, Bedlam outshines Farmageddon most everytime.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Did anyone ever make farmageddon shirts? I feel like I’ve looked in the past and never found one

$9 bucks plus shipping. I can go to dollar general buy a white T-shirt and a red and purple sharpie to make one. What size you looking for?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
$9 bucks plus shipping. I can go to dollar general buy a white T-shirt and a red and purple sharpie to make one. What size you looking for?
Kids small, kids medium, and one large. Might as well get one for my kids too. Will 35 bucks cover it?

Reactions: BCClone