COD Warzone

BurgundyClone

Apr 15, 2007
East of Omaha
Anybody playing this? I'm an older gamer that's finally starting to get the hang of this one (got a few solo wins this past week) -but don't really have anyone to play trios/quads with -my 2 sons are only occasionally interested in playing. Just wondered, was surprised not to find any Call of Duty posts since 2009 on this site LOL -unless I'm missing something..

kirk89gt

Feb 15, 2014
Kind of gotten hooked playing with my sons cross platform - only two of us can play at a time as we only have two systems. Still a newb, but I will say that I like the game and have developed some different strategies (both as a single and as a two person squad). Still get whacked early and often...... got killed by a dog last night, but I have found that those tables are starting to shift as I get more "practice". Like some one else said, it stinks to get out early, sometimes it feels as though you spend more time in practice round and getting a full game loaded than you actually do playing. Didn't really get interested in Fortnite, and this feels like a more realistic battle game. Is the new MW pretty good? Would consider buying the game if it was.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I played a few games, and then bought the base game. Being impatient and dying quickly are not a good combination for this type of game. At least in team death match, I can respawn and go back to getting murdered.
This is exactly why I stopped playing Warzone.

Run around for 10 minutes: see nobody.
Finally see someone: die immediately.

CyOps

Jul 12, 2010
Lincoln
I play a few solo rounds a few nights a week. After being terrible at it, I spectated a few rounds after getting killed. That helped develop strategies.

BACyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2011
Reinbeck, IA
Anybody playing this? I'm an older gamer that's finally starting to get the hang of this one (got a few solo wins this past week) -but don't really have anyone to play trios/quads with -my 2 sons are only occasionally interested in playing. Just wondered, was surprised not to find any Call of Duty posts since 2009 on this site LOL -unless I'm missing something..

I play the MW game but only in Multiplayer for the most part. I don't get into the Warzone "battle royale" mode very much. My son does play it sometimes with friends, and I've played it with him a couple times. Generally I dislike it for the reasons stated already, but there is quite a rush when you encounter an enemy on the open map. We played a few games and I liked the cash grab mode the best...but on my own I stick to multiplayer. I feel I've gotten pretty decent at that mode now, but I'm nowhere near some of the pros I see.

BurgundyClone

Apr 15, 2007
East of Omaha
I was the same -I tried Warzone 3-4 x and hated it and quit -and then happened to catch a streamer one night and learned some things and then tried it again and things were better immediately. It looks like 3 and 4 man would be more fun and easier to evade deaths when they have to also worry about your (probably better playing) teammate. Many many heart attacks though when someone pops out of nowhere and blasts you, but it's fun doing the same thing to them! :)

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Playing solo is optimal until you can find teammates you can trust. Learning each others strengths and weaknesses is huge in winning. I have a buddy from college that I'll play with on the weekends. We have won trios as a two-man group and usually place top 5-top 10.

Watching others will help you refine your strategy. Also, make dedicated loadouts for Warzone that contain weapons you're very comfortable with and perks that you know how to use to your advantage. Loadout drops are your friend (will drop within 200m of a buy station) and buying loadout drops is a priority. Heartbeat sensors are very underrated.

General hints:
3 UAVs launched by your team gives you an advanced UAV
Completing Recon Missions not only gives you money, but gives you intel on where the circle is closing
Even if you don't plan on going after your bounty, start the mission. Someone may poach it and give you a partial reward. Plus it gives you a general idea of where a person or team may be.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
play on xbox. seems to be a lot of hackers on PC but i haven't ran into too many. the new solo mode is ok, i think. good way to rack up kills and help your K/D. if you get the money you can become really aggressive knowing you're coming back.

trios are better than quads imo

need duos

infinity ward usually f***ks the game up with updates/patches

i still play 3/4 nights a week. actually enjoy warzone.

Last edited:

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
It’s kept me entertained during quarantine.

I really only play with ransoms and that makes it really hard. Having teammates with Mics make the game way simpler. Except when there are 9 years olds just squealing the whole time.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
This is exactly why I stopped playing Warzone.

Run around for 10 minutes: see nobody.
Finally see someone: die immediately.
Yeah I played a round with a friend and we’re looting All this stuff and then I’m dead. and then I parachute in and cut the chord too soon I guess and I’m dead again. Then I parachute in across the map and trying to link up I’m dead.

CyOps

Jul 12, 2010
Lincoln
I like this new version of solos where you can come back if you have enough cash and don't have to go through the gulag. The helicopters are gone. I liked throwing a C4 charge on one and then leaving the scene. Once you saw someone take the chopper, detonate.