Coaching Change

tay2015

Aug 7, 2015
I have it on good authority that a high level coach for ISU football left for the NFL today. Flame away.

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Hard to flame without any real info. But be happy you were the first to give us bad news. I guess?

Reactions: Tailg8er

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Sucks for us but good for him. The sign of a good program are assistants that other programs want.

We still have Heacock, which is who I was really worried about.

• Agree
Reactions: hoosman

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Sucks for us but good for him. The sign of a good program are assistants that other programs want.

We still have Heacock, which is who I was really worried about.

Though this late in the game, if this is true, i'd imagine its a bit harder to find available options after the coaching carousel has cooled down already.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I'm sick of hearing this line.

Welp, my wife left me for another man, but I guess that's good because I was good enough to attract a female in the first place?

My best employee quit. That somehow means I'm a good employer?

Yeah... on one hand its not wrong, but on the other hand programs that stay good and keep improving are ones that are able to keep some consistency in staff.

• Agree
Reactions: SoapyCy and aauummm

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Though this late in the game, if this is true, i'd imagine its a bit harder to find available options after the coaching carousel has cooled down already.

I agree, but if true, you can’t blame the guy for making the jump to the highest level of his profession.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014

Welp, my wife left me for another man, but I guess that's good because I was good enough to attract a female in the first place?

That might be the dumbest analogy I’ve ever heard.

If you can’t see the limits of college athletics vs. professional athletics, then I don’t know what to tell you. College football will never will be on the same level as the NFL.

If he was leaving for a college program that had a similar ceiling, I might agree with you.

cyowan

Feb 7, 2013
Ames, IA

He didn't quit, he learned from you enough to be able to move up and move on, so yes, that makes you a good employer. I'd rather work for someone who invests in me and wants to see me succeed (whether in the same company or not) than someone who doesn't and expects me to stay stagnant.

• Agree
Reactions: CyInDFW

CYme

Dec 6, 2011
Pella, IA
He didn't quit, he learned from you enough to be able to move up and move on, so yes, that makes you a good employer. I'd rather work for someone who invests in me and wants to see me succeed (whether in the same company or not) than someone who doesn't and expects me to stay stagnant.
Yep, as much as I hate losing an employee I've mentored and invested in, it is one of the best compliments you can get as a leader when people come looking for those you've trained.

Only a juvenile leader would want to hold employees back from reaching their potential. The spouse comment is just mtown being mtown.