Coach Prime

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

AppleCornCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2020
I don't get Colorado at all. He's a SE guy.
It does seem like a strange fit. That was my first impression.

On the other hand, I could see it actually working out. He could go into California and recruit to Boulder off his name recognition while also trying to recruit the southeast.

Reactions: JimmyChitwood

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

I hate that kind of stuff, borders on child abuse...but in college football that probably is a good indicator of winning potential.

Reactions: Remo Gaggi

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I don't get Colorado at all. He's a SE guy.
They want him because they are desperate and hope that he can tap into the transfer market and bring in kids that like the flash that Deion will provide them. It will work in the short term, but long-term success will come down to how well he and his staff coach the players, unlike his last conference, he will not be able to out athlete the teams, but also have to out scheme them, and none of us have any clue as to if he can do that.

• Agree
Reactions: irish

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
They want him because they are desperate and hope that he can tap into the transfer market and bring in kids that like the flash that Deion will provide them. It will work in the short term, but long-term success will come down to how well he and his staff coach the players, unlike his last conference, he will not be able to out athlete the teams, but also have to out scheme them, and none of us have any clue as to if he can do that.
If they are willing to pay he will find competent help. Doesn't mean they will win big, but his personality is not going to do well in Boulder, IMO. They fancy themselves academic elites. Sanders was a great player but he is the ultimate loud mouth.

• Agree
  • Dumb
Reactions: irish and CyJack13

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Colorado is probably the perfect place to take a chance on a guy like this. Program can't go down any further, and he will certainly attract all sorts of interest and recruits. Seems like it could be a spectacular success or complete failure.
Colorado is certainly a higher profile program if Portnoy wants to keep buying recruits for him.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
It's a very cool place to see a game and there was a time when it was a hornets' nest. Perhaps Deion can recreate that.

McCartney used the scenery to appeal to recruits and also picked Nebraska to go after. A problem is Colorado really doesn't have someone to pick on.
Utah seems to be the new Colorado.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
His son has been a pretty productive qb. i imagine he will transfer to Colorado with his dad.
Wasn’t there talk about his son being in Heisman talk at one time if he were eligible for it or something