Coach Matt A to St. Johns

Nuts4Cy

Mar 21, 2006
Re: Coach Matt A

I hope they kept his old position open for him because that's about all he is equipped to do. Anybody will be a upgrade and hopefully it's TJ. Why don't you or Chris with all your connections go ask anybody close to the program, currently or in the past what value this guy added other then being from the East coast. Fred liked the guy and took him along. Feel free to post your answers here or PM me. I all ready know the answer.

This was a good day for ISU basketball.

Did you miss the post by Niangs Mom say she didn't want TJ anywhere near the ISU program again?

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011

Sucks it probably hurts a lot for Diallo, but probably a good move for everyone. It was a tough sell trying to get New York kids to come to a place they couldn't find on a map. Chance to get a top notch recruiter in an area that we stand to have a little more success.

cloneteach

Nov 19, 2009

I hope they kept his old position open for him because that's about all he is equipped to do. Anybody will be a upgrade and hopefully it's TJ. Why don't you or Chris with all your connections go ask anybody close to the program, currently or in the past what value this guy added other then being from the East coast. Fred liked the guy and took him along. Feel free to post your answers here or PM me. I all ready know the answer.

WTF....

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA

Not sure why people think Marcus Fizer would be a good candidate.

Because too many people have a love affair with former athletes coming back to coach, even with no coaching or management experience.

Sage, Seneca Wallace, Fizer, and others.

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011

I have no connections.

I won't argue with you that there is an opportunity for ISU to upgrade. Will be interesting to see who Fred goes after. I, too, would love to see TJ come back but would also love for TJ to get the GB job. The guy deserves it. Either way, gotta get a guy who can go get some good HS talent. The transfers will come regardless as ISU has now proven itself as a school that can turn the transfers into great players.

Last edited:

AllN4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 8, 2010

If you already know the answer then please feel free to post your answers here then too.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

Not that I agree with your assessment, but what is wrong with Fred liking the guy and taking him along?

Cycopath

Apr 14, 2014
Des Moines

This incredibly frustrating. Seeing Matt A, Clayton Custer, Daniel Stensland, Kourtlin Jackson all quit on Iowa State.

I hope Fred Hoiberg isn't next.

Sad to see Matt hightail it out of Iowa, but hopefully we can get someone of his caliber if not better. Anyway bye-bye Diallo.

Last edited:

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

I think Coach Matt had a lot to do with getting (and keeping) Royce White. That was a game-changer for our program.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Can we STFU about all the former ISU players coming to coach? It is absurd.

I agree with this 99% of the time. Grayer would be the 1% just because of Bridges. There is no chance Fizer comes here and I don't know why anyone would want him

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

This incredibly frustrating. Seeing Matt A, Clayton Custer, Kourtlin Jackson all quit on Iowa State.

Sad to see Matt hightail it out of Iowa, but hopefully we can get someone of his caliber if not better. Anyway bye-bye Diallo.

We already know the next one. Stensland.

Nuts4Cy

Mar 21, 2006

Great personality and fun guy to have in the program, but don't think he did a great job with the players.

Watching him twiddle his thumbs on the sidelines and during timeouts was embarrassing. He was a recruiter, that's all. Never an X and O's guy. He could bring them to campus, and be there friend, but couldn't begin to know how to coach anything.

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
Maybe this hurts us with Chiek but I have my doubts this leans him toward St. John's being they have a completely green head coach.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006

I have no connections.

I won't argue with you that there is an opportunity for ISU to upgrade. Will be interesting to see who Fred goes after. I, too, would love to see TJ come back but would also love for TJ to get the GB job. The guy deserves it. Either way, gotta get a guy who can go get some good HS talent. The transfers will come regardless as ISU has now proven itself as a school that can turn the transfers into great players.

Kind of weakens Blum's point that Matt A was the lead recruiter for White, Kane and McKay...

I thought you guys were pals? :ptongue:

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky

This incredibly frustrating. Seeing Matt A, Clayton Custer, Daniel Stensland, Kourtlin Jackson all quit on Iowa State.

good freakin' lord.... This is stupid.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron