Coach D.K. McDonald going to the Eagles

ISU0454

Apr 10, 2006
Congrats to Coach McDonald and wish him all the best! Will always remember him as the ONE GUY on the CMC staff who would take the time to mingle and visit with all us fans who would come out to the Meet The Coaches functions while all the other assistant staff stayed huddled up at their own tables. No coach really likes to attend those fan appreciation deals, but Coach McDonald knew why they were there and knew how to work the room. Again, best of luck to him and family!

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
I played PF our freshman year of hs, so we may have played against each other nearly 30 years ago (focused on winter training for track after that; I ran 800/1600/3200 in track, CC in the fall.) At ISU, I ended up living in the duplex on Lincoln Way after Sloth and some other guys we went to hs with - they always had a sheet hanging in the front window with his name/number on it, so when I explained where I was moving that fall, I'd tell them "the Sloth house."
That's awesome! I was from Clarion and me an some friends used to go to Belmond to play against Sloth, Josh Obright (?), that butt sniffer Corey Frazier, and a couple other people. It was fun and we all got along really well.

Reactions: dunar

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
That's awesome! I was from Clarion and me an some friends used to go to Belmond to play against Sloth, Josh Obright (?), that butt sniffer Corey Frazier, and a couple other people. It was fun and we all got along really well.

I imagine you were playing at the courts by the swimming pool? Lots of pickup games there over the years.

I used to run into Josh occasionally, he lives in the DSM metro. Last I knew, Sloth was writing children's books and touring schools w/ them. No clue what Cory is up to - last saw him at a class reunion 20 yrs ago...

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I imagine you were playing at the courts by the swimming pool? Lots of pickup games there over the years.

I used to run into Josh occasionally, he lives in the DSM metro. Last I knew, Sloth was writing children's books and touring schools w/ them. No clue what Cory is up to - last saw him at a class reunion 20 yrs ago...

We have one of Sloth's kids books about ISU. My kid loves it.

Reactions: Cycho1 and DSMCy

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net

Yep, we played at that court a lot. And at Gazebo Park in Clarion. I used to hang out with Cory a lot. I think he lives in Ft. Dodge. I haven't talked to him in years.

Reactions: dunar

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Yes! Thank you! Where the hell did you find it? Pretty sure people have used it as an avatar on this forum before.

I had it saved in my pictures on the hard drive for some reason. Think I had it as an avatar at some point.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron