Clemson vs Alabama

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
In that situation at the end, is there a downside to just having the DB's basically tackle the WR's right away? Burn the clock, they get an untimed down but they most likely kick the FG to tie or have a win or lose play.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I like how Watson admitted it was a pick on the winning touchdown in his post game interview. Not that it matters...everyone knows it was.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Great game!
It closely rivals the 2005 game when Texas beat USC.
Those 2 games are 1a and 1b in my book. (at least since I've been paying attention to college football)

Reactions: isutrevman

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
One of the best games I've seen and a rare time where the clear cut two best teams with little doubt faced off.

Clemson was the better all around team and eventually that was too much for Alabama to overcome with just great defense and a few big plays. The 3 and outs started piling up when they couldn't throw the ball or run for more than 3 yards consistently in the 3rd and 4th. It showed a lot of guts to even get that last touchdown but nobody could be shocked that Clemson would have a solid chance to score with 2 minutes and two timeouts.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I like how Watson admitted it was a pick on the winning touchdown in his post game interview. Not that it matters...everyone knows it was.

There were a handful of no call PI plays on Alabama that thankfully didn't become a huge deal, a few of them were negated by Clemson catching the pass through the uncalled interference. One was just an atrociously bad call in an otherwise decently officiated game.

Hardly any holding calls, can't even remember one...I can only imagine how many holding calls we'd get against these teams.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
One of the best games I've seen and a rare time where the clear cut two best teams with little doubt faced off.

Clemson was the better all around team and eventually that was too much for Alabama to overcome with just great defense and a few big plays. The 3 and outs started piling up when they couldn't throw the ball or run for more than 3 yards consistently in the 3rd and 4th. It showed a lot of guts to even get that last touchdown but nobody could be shocked that Clemson would have a solid chance to score with 2 minutes and two timeouts.

That "great" Alabama defense gave up 35 points, 31 first downs, and 511 yards. Reminds me of the "great" defenses in the B10.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
In that situation at the end, is there a downside to just having the DB's basically tackle the WR's right away? Burn the clock, they get an untimed down but they most likely kick the FG to tie or have a win or lose play.
I thought the same thing when Bama got called for the PI on the play right before the last play. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if that was Sabens plan, and it just wasn't executed on the last play.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
When does Clemson get their SEC invite?
They wouldn't do that since S.C. is already in. (Yes, I know other States have 2 schools in).
I was surprised the SEC didn't make a run at VT and see if they could somehow break away UNC but that's basically impossible.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Remember a year ago when the national media went off on how amazing Saban was and that he was the best coach of all time?

Not saying he isn't one of the all time greats, but it's just funny how if that last TD by Clemson is dropped/overthrown ect the narrative would change that drastically.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
I thought the same thing when Bama got called for the PI on the play right before the last play. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if that was Sabens plan, and it just wasn't executed on the last play.

I think it was partially executed, the DB practically tackled the other receiver. They just couldn't get to Renfrow

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Best game that meant something in a long time.

But as good as the game was, the better entertainment was to had on the SEC network after that touchdown. Finebaum, McFarland, and whoever the old AL QB was were pretty calm, but then they took calls. The calls were fantastic. They make the Hawkeye call in show after an ISU over Iowa victory seem like Rhodes scholars. Maybe I just like to hear a good meltdown more than others.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron