Chris Williams the Time has Come

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Disinformation, you forget Memphis just beat a solid Virginia Tech team 24 hours before. You're right about Creighton but they did have the best recruiting class in the Big East. Iowa already had a road win at Virginia before they played us. I really wish people would stop trying to say those wins were illegitimate.

Those wins were legitimate, they just weren't accomplished doing much different than what the team is doing now, and in the long run those teams weren't that good. Did I see Iowa doesn't have a Quad 1 win?

People are acting like it was Show Time when ISU needed to rely on points off turnovers which are harder to find now.

It would be great if Gabe went off for 30 or had games like Texas in Hilton more often but now CF doesn't want him to play along with others.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
My 2 cents, They just look worn down with enough energy at times to make it a game, but they just don't have enough to last 40 minutes.

I agree with this, although Scotty C's explanation on this made me think different. To me, we have Brockington and whoever else may be hot on any given night offensively. Brockington has played so many minutes that he is wearing. Yesterday he was great for 30+ minutes, but was shot after that. Jaz was great yesterday to get us into the lead we had, but his foul trouble is when KSU started making their pushes.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Should those expectations have changed at all following an undefeated non-conference? I'm not sure what you're suggesting here.

If you saw how they were winning those games including beating some bad SWAC teams by 10 scoring in the 40s you had to wonder how it would transition to conference season in a year when each team is potentially more capable than anyone ISU beat in the non-conference.

Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
This perspective paints the players as humans.

Unacceptable.
So are all the teams with a Top 10 defense run down now also? There seems to be some belief that just because we play good defense that's why we are run down.
LSU is a Top 10 defense with a pathetic offense like us and just righted their ship this week. They didn't look rundown yesterday.

Reactions: awd4cy

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
If you saw how they were winning those games including beating some bad SWAC teams by 10 scoring in the 40s you had to wonder how it would transition to conference season in a year when each team is potentially more capable than anyone ISU beat in the non-conference.

For sure, I think all of us (most of us, at least) saw that we would have offensive struggles when it came to the conference season. However, I don't think it was unreasonable to bump up the expectations to staying out of the conference basement, at the very least.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Should those expectations have changed at all following an undefeated non-conference? I'm not sure what you're suggesting here.

So TJ’s unbelievable success with smoke and mirrors to go 12-0 should now be used to bludgeon him? We won despite having very little. Our weaknesses are now exposed and difficult to cover. There are no dogs in the Big 12.

Your expectations need to be based on reality. We were not as good as you thought.

• Dumb
Reactions: jctisu

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
So are all the teams with a Top 10 defense run down now also? There seems to be some belief that just because we play good defense that's why we are run down.
LSU is a Top 10 defense with a pathetic offense like us and just righted their ship this week. They didn't look rundown yesterday.

You mean the LSU team that almost blew a huge lead last night vs. a marginal Mississippi State team?

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009

LSU’s roster is a bit more talented don’t you think.

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
TJ
I think the answer really boils down to this: People are frustrated/concerned, and rightly so, because there is ZERO creativity on offense, no set plays, and no adjustments whatsoever by the coaching staff. This is consistent in what we've seen with Prohm and McDermott and so people are losing their minds. Losing a 15 point lead in Hilton to one of the worst teams in the league was the breaking point, and Williams is adamantly defending TJ on Twitter when everyone knows there is a relationship there, which is throwing gas on a fire of an irate fanbase.
Ha. Grill missed how many open 3's yesterday? He can't miss some games and can't hit the rim others. That's not coaching. Sure it would be nice to get 20+ from our post players. Who on this roster is going to do that? I'm very optimistic about the future when TJ builds the roster to do the things he's wanting to do.. it's just not quite there yet. Chris can rightfully defend TJ all he wants.

• Winner
Reactions: Ankency

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
You mean the LSU team that almost blew a huge lead last night vs. a marginal Mississippi State team?
Yeah, they won 2 games this week against decent competition.
They also were tied with 9 minutes left and we blew a 10 point lead with 9 minutes left. I'm asking an honest question, are all the other teams ranked in the Top 10 defensively running out of gas or just us?

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Most likely, so it's a talent issue now or we are just tired? I'm trying to understand why this team is so bad all of a sudden and I'm getting alot of different excuses.

It has always been a talent issue on the offensive end.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
Most likely, so it's a talent issue now or we are just tired? I'm trying to understand why this team is so bad all of a sudden and I'm getting alot of different excuses.

They are not bad “all of a sudden.” Still the same team that could only muster 47 points against Jackson St.

And now ISU is playing Big 12 teams who don‘t have defensive efficiency rankings outside top 38 (half the league is top 20). Will make ISU’s season-long offensive struggles more pronounced.

Status
Not open for further replies.