Chaundee Brown Final 4 List

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
Does any of this chit-chat and speculation really matter? I mean...11

I heard Georges Niang pulled a one and a half. How can we compete?

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Barttorvik Big 12 Player Rankings (PPRG!)

http://barttorvik.com/allrosters21.php?s=18&conlimit=B12&type=All&yvalue=All

Bigs:
Solomon (ISU)
Manek (Oklahoma)
Culver (WVU)
Sims (TX)
Yor Anei (Ok St)
Conditt (ISU)
McCormack (KU)
Samuel (TCU)
Kaleb Boone (Ok St)
Joel Ntambwe (Tx Tech)

Guards/Wings:
Cade Cunningham (Ok St)
Matt Coleman (TX)
Davide Moretti (Tx Tech)
Rasir Bolton (ISU)
Austin Reaves (Oklahoma)
Tyon Grant-Foster (KU)
Courtney Ramey (TX)
Marcus Garrett (KU)
Isaac Likele (Ok St)
Andrew Jones (TX)

Edit: I'm not sure why Macio Teague and Oscar Tshiebwe aren't on the Barttorvik projections. Tshiebwe is likely the top returning big and Macio Teague likely slots in 2nd behind Cade Cunningham.

I expect Jared Butler and for sure Dotson to be gone.
Also must assume no Sims for Texas or Ramsey for TTU

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Does any of this chit-chat and speculation really matter? I mean...11

I heard Georges Niang pulled a one and a half. How can we compete?

I wish they would just ban everyone that thinks since Harris played the 2 last year in Memphis he would leave there to come play the 2 here.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Amazes me how some feel a need to tell you they disagree with an opinion. I blame their mothers.
You think the disagree button is for disagreeing with facts? You realize you’re on a message board, right?

Don’t take this the wrong way, but did you even think before typing that? Or is this similar to spouting off while not realizing Morris played for Hoiberg is first two years? Posts like yours are the “amazing” ones.

Last edited by a moderator:

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Read his post! He said Brown wouldn’t make a NIT bubble team a NCAA bubble team. That’s barely any games!

Brown could make a big difference, and undoubtedly would have a great likelihood to make the difference between 17/18 wins (NIT bubble) and 21/22 wins.

Yes there are ~4 games between the different bubbles. That wasn't my point - my point was I think we are going to be more like a 10 win team.

Not near enough coming back, too much needed from guys not yet on campus, zero existing chemistry, and zero confidence in CSP to solve all the above quickly - if at all.

I am probably overly pessimistic, but I just can not see a path to how next season is not worse than the 12-win team last season.

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
So about Brown...I would think a decision should be fairly soon, most of these guys who narrow list to 3-4, tend to decide within a week after narrowing...we will see

mwwbbfan

Jun 1, 2010
Iowa City, IA
So about Brown...I would think a decision should be fairly soon, most of these guys who narrow list to 3-4, tend to decide within a week after narrowing...we will see

With Gonzaga players declaring for draft and leaving open to return, wonder if this may draw out longer to see what they decide before he makes a decision.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

In his announcement Evans suspected it could be by Thursday though I haven't seen any indication there will be announcement today or tomorrow. Should be soon though.
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...ansfer-chaundee-brown-focused-on-a-final-four
"Slated to sit out next season, Brown is hoping to either receive a waiver to play immediately or see the one-time transfer rule passed later this summer. A commitment could be made before the end of the month."

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I wouldn’t put Young in the top 20.
i bet it will be awhile because of roster uncertainty.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Yes there are ~4 games between the different bubbles. That wasn't my point - my point was I think we are going to be more like a 10 win.
And my point was the post I responded to didn’t have 10 wins to NCAA bubble, but NIT bubble to NCAA bubble. Had you read that, you wouldn’t have asked “10 wins to 14”?

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
I would think our success at putting 4-year players into the NBA would be a good selling point for Brown. Just with transfers, we've had Nader, Burton and Shayok go from not even on NBA radars to all of them being under NBA contracts after transferring to Iowa State. Add in 4 year players Niang, Morris, Thomas & Mitrou-Long.

That's 7 players who were in school for 4+ years that all got NBA contracts in the last 5 years. I wouldn't think there are many, if any other programs that have had that much success getting 4 year players into the NBA.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
One prediction for CB to llinois. Didn't realize Antigua was an assistant at Illinois. I do wonder if Kane has some relationship with Brown too, and that is why ISU had an in?
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/wednesday-leftovers-kentucky-chaundee-brown-more
We broke the news on Saturday that Chaundee Brown, a Wake Forest transfer, has cut his list to a final four and we expect that a commitment could be made before the end of the month. Now focused on a group that features Gonzaga, Illinois, Iowa State, and LSU, the race is a tight one. While there might not be a clear favorite, if I was forced to pick one I would go with the Illini.

Brown grew up in Orlando, which is close to USF. At the time, USF employed Orlando Antigua as its head coach, and he's now an assistant coach at Illinois. The Illini have a major need on the wings after Alan Griffin's transfer and Kipper Nichols' graduation.

While Brown is currently slated to sit out next season due to transfer restrictions, there is hope that he will receive a waiver to play immediately. If that happened, he would complete his college career next season rather than during the 2021-2022 season. Don’t underestimate Gonzaga, Iowa State or LSU’s chances because each have a major void to fill on the perimeter, but Illinois may have the inside track with a commitment only days away."

I am in the opinion that of all the teams ISU would have give him the best path to NBA due to role but then again the other teams are more sure fire NCAA teams.

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
I know many are expecting all 3 Gonzaga early entrants (Kispert, Ayayi, Petresuv) back. Maybe Petresuv takes advantage of his big season but that wouldn't impact Brown's decision as much as what Kispert does.

I haven't looked into the LSU guys as much. Trendon Watford, Darius Days, Javonte Smart, Emmitt Williams... anyone know where the lean is on those decisions?

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
One prediction for CB to llinois. Didn't realize Antigua was an assistant at Illinois. I do wonder if Kane has some relationship with Brown too, and that is why ISU had an in?
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/wednesday-leftovers-kentucky-chaundee-brown-more
We broke the news on Saturday that Chaundee Brown, a Wake Forest transfer, has cut his list to a final four and we expect that a commitment could be made before the end of the month. Now focused on a group that features Gonzaga, Illinois, Iowa State, and LSU, the race is a tight one. While there might not be a clear favorite, if I was forced to pick one I would go with the Illini.

Brown grew up in Orlando, which is close to USF. At the time, USF employed Orlando Antigua as its head coach, and he's now an assistant coach at Illinois. The Illini have a major need on the wings after Alan Griffin's transfer and Kipper Nichols' graduation.

While Brown is currently slated to sit out next season due to transfer restrictions, there is hope that he will receive a waiver to play immediately. If that happened, he would complete his college career next season rather than during the 2021-2022 season. Don’t underestimate Gonzaga, Iowa State or LSU’s chances because each have a major void to fill on the perimeter, but Illinois may have the inside track with a commitment only days away."

I am in the opinion that of all the teams ISU would have give him the best path to NBA due to role but then again the other teams are more sure fire NCAA teams.

This is the problem with being ******* terrible two of the past three years. If a recruit wants to win, they aren’t going to come here. Prohm has dug himself a huge hole and he’s gonna have to find a way to dig himself out of it. Good luck to him.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
This is the problem with being ******* terrible two of the past three years. If a recruit wants to win, they aren’t going to come here. Prohm has dug himself a huge hole and he’s gonna have to find a way to dig himself out of it. Good luck to him.

...even though he just landed one of the (if not the) highest rank HS class in school history. I get it, last year was frustrating, but everything is awful with you guys.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron