Chaundee Brown Final 4 List

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
espn has em listed as 17th which bumps up the composite. The actual 247 ranking is 31. I could argue he’s taking out the espn ranking to fit his narrative but I can also argue he took it out because espns rating system is a joke. Neither answer matters, just explaining the numbers.

I look at the grade more than the rank. 2018 had a lower ranking 28 than 2020 at 25 even though the grades were almost a full hundredth in 2018s favor. A kin to finishing 6th in the Big XII is usually better than 5th in the BiG.

Reactions: WhoISthis

Jayshellberg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 4, 2016
Omaha
I have never understood that.

You can dock Prohm for obvious failures like Anderson and Leech.

But when multiple guys in a class are in the NBA...

How can that class be bad...? How do good players make up a bad class?

I want to win games, and it is obviously the central point of the program to win games, but I take some pride in Cyclones playing professionally, too.
You are spot on. To insinuate that the 2018 class was not a great class because a couple guys left early is just silly. Unless you are recruiting a Zion, it’s impossible to tell if a guy is only going to leave the program before they exhaust their eligibility. Having bad luck because your recruits performed well enough early on to put themselves in a position to be drafted in the NBA should no way held against the coach or suggest that it wasn’t a great class.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
You are spot on. To insinuate that the 2018 class was not a great class because a couple guys left early is just silly. Unless you are recruiting a Zion, it’s impossible to tell if a guy is only going to leave the program before they exhaust their eligibility. Having bad luck because your recruits performed well enough early on to put themselves in a position to be drafted in the NBA should no way held against the coach or suggest that it wasn’t a great class.

Everything is held against this coach.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
tenor.gif

Final four/Swarthmore

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
I'm not so sure. There are quite a bit of never-Prohmers who will always be around.

I don’t think this is true. I’ve never been a Prohm lover, too many mistakes made in big spots. But I thought he was able to recruit at a high enough level that I maintained genuine passion for the program. He lost me with the Iowa game this season, but if he got us back to the tournament twice in a row I’d be in. Not asking too much.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I don’t think this is true. I’ve never been a Prohm lover, too many mistakes made in big spots. But I thought he was able to recruit at a high enough level that I maintained genuine passion for the program. He lost me with the Iowa game this season, but if he got us back to the tournament twice in a row I’d be in. Not asking too much.

Fred pissed some games away his first season.

Steve had dominant teams before he got here I think because he had NBA PGs playing mid major talent. When he got here he had a loaded squad that covered his deficiencies. His ability to get players kept him above water but caught up with him when the roster has been lacking. Hopefully he's learned and like Fred shores up his in game deficiencies.

Reactions: isutrevman

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Fred pissed some games away his first season.

Steve had dominant teams before he got here I think because he had NBA PGs playing mid major talent. When he got here he had a loaded squad that covered his deficiencies. His ability to get players kept him above water but caught up with him when the roster has been lacking. Hopefully he's learned and like Fred shores up his in game deficiencies.

Fred ****** up a lot of games in Year 5, too.

It happens.

College basketball is 80%+ recruiting anyways.

The team with the best ponies usually wins the race.