Chase Young suspended

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
That doesn’t make any sense in the timeline does it?

I mean, if there's a booster system, there's a booster system. Like I said, rumors, but it'd be hardly surprising. Can't wait to see everyone bash Harbaugh for only being able to beat OSU when they actually play by the rules.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
He accepted a loan from a family friend but then paid it back? Nothing to see here at OSU! Wash, rinse, and repeat.

How big was the loan and how was he able to pay it back? I thought college athletes were broke. While the NCAA doesn't have subpoena power, they should have the leverage here to request appropriate paperwork. If the athlete doesn't want to show where the money came to pay back this loan, that should be sufficient to maintain a suspension.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Honestly this is great for him. He's a top five pick and healthy. Sit down, dude. Don't get hurt and risk millions vs playing unpaid in college.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Honestly this is great for him. He's a top five pick and healthy. Sit down, dude. Don't get hurt and risk millions vs playing unpaid in college.

Exactly. The NFL doesn't give a **** if you took some money. They would give a **** if you sat on a season where you could win a championship. This is best case scenario for him.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
"A family friend I've known since the summer before my freshman year" AKA - booster

Yup, but he claims he,"repaid" the loan? That may not sound like a, "Booster", unless he got caught and decided to backtrack to make it look legit and mitigate damage.

What I want to know is how does the NCAA find out about this?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Yup, but he claims he,"repaid" the loan? That may not sound like a, "Booster", unless he got caught and decided to backtrack to make it look legit and mitigate damage.

Baylor probably complained about it - or Dana Holgorsen.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006

I'm sure that any booster that gives a gift would just say it was a loan that was repaid. If I were the NCAA, I'd still be interested in knowing where the money came from to repay that loan and have some paper trail to show that it was indeed repaid.

Also, was there any interest charges for this loan? If not, wouldn't that also be a violation?

Then again, the amount of the loan should be important here. Are we taking about $500 to cover the cost of a visit, or are we talking about $25,000 to buy a car?

• Agree
Reactions: Go2Guy

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX

I'd like to see the details of the NCAA rule on "loans", because this does not seem like a big deal and probably a small dollar amount if the kid / family was able to pay back.
But how did it become public? How did the NCAA find out??

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
"the loan was from a family friend that i've known since the summer before my freshman year."

LOL, yeah right. there's more to it than that. how many "family friends" do you meet for the first time right before college starts that want to loan you money?