Casey’s

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
W. T. F?

I stopped into my local Casey’s in Grimes for the first time in a week. Got a cup of joe. All new cups. Nice. High quality stuff. Ooh, new signs for the coffee. Swanky. Wait....all new flavors? They changed the flavors? The Classic is NOT THE CLASSIC BREW!!!! It’s all bitter and ‘look at me’ now. What the ****? I go to Casey’s for the cheap and weak coffee. I check the website and it says this...

Our culinary team gave themselves a mission: find a better-tasting coffee line that resembles more specialty coffee bar flavors

WHAT THE HELL, I don’t want a coffee bar, I want my weak arse coffee back!
Coffee and the HyVee fuel saver was the only reason I used Casey’s. Right across the street from my Casey’s is a new Kwikstar. And they’re putting up another KS on the other side of my hood. Goodbye Casey’s, I’ll miss you.

Last edited:

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
You need to talk to the store employees and tell them that. I too am a caseys regular and they still have the caseys classic. They just may not have brewed it. I’m sure if you bitched they would have one of the regular caseys classic pots brewing

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Fuel Saver, pork fritters, subs, and the occasional pizza are the only reasons I frequent Casey's. Mostly Fuel Saver. Not a coffee drinker.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I stopped at Casey's while driving out east. They had the old cups with the new lids. Tried getting that lid to fit, ended up spilling in my truck. Threw the rest out, went on and got napkins to clean up and decided to stop at the next McDonald's.

Last edited:
Reactions: dosry5

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Did they change their cappuccino? I need my slightly coffee flavored hot chocolate. If they change those to a coffee house style, then I will join you in the revolt.

But anyways, who still goes to HyVee to load up a fuel saver? You're paying 25% more to get that fuel sa

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
W. T. F?

I stopped into my local Casey’s in Grimes for the first time in a week. Got a cup of joe. All new cups. Nice. High quality stuff. Pooh, new signs for the coffee. Swanky. Wait....all new flavors? They changed the flavors? The Classic is NOT THE CLASSIC BREW!!!! It’s all bitter and ‘look at me’ now. What the ****? I go to Casey’s for the cheap and weak coffee. I check the website and it says this...

Our culinary team gave themselves a mission: find a better-tasting coffee line that resembles more specialty coffee bar flavors

WHAT THE HELL, I don’t want a coffee bar, I want my weak arse coffee back!
Coffee and the HyVee fuel saver was the only reason I used Casey’s. Right across the street from my Casey’s is a new Kwikstar. And they’re putting up another KS on the other side of my hood. Goodbye Casey’s, I’ll miss you.
What's the point of getting weak coffee? At that point you might as well be drinking warm water.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
See, this is gonna turn into a coffee snob thread. Plenty of people like weaker coffee. There is a market for it. I HATE Starbucks crap that’s all bitter and sickly sweet at the end. Casey’s coffee wasn’t pretentious. It was small town farmer coffee. Now they want to be like everyone else. That’s fine. I’ll get gas and coffee elsewhere. But acting like only strong fancy coffee is good coffee is like the idiot beer hipsters trying to tell a coors light drinker he’s wrong for liking that

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
Did they change their cappuccino? I need my slightly coffee flavored hot chocolate. If they change those to a coffee house style, then I will join you in the revolt.

But anyways, who still goes to HyVee to load up a fuel saver? You're paying 25% more to get that fuel sa

my wife. But we don’t buy crap to get the discount. If it’s there, it’s there. Sometimes we have 5 cents off, others it’s $1.50 per gallon off.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum and mj4cy

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
See, this is gonna turn into a coffee snob thread. Plenty of people like weaker coffee. There is a market for it. I HATE Starbucks crap that’s all bitter and sickly sweet at the end. Casey’s coffee wasn’t pretentious. It was small town farmer coffee. Now they want to be like everyone else. That’s fine. I’ll get gas and coffee elsewhere. But acting like only strong fancy coffee is good coffee is like the idiot beer hipsters trying to tell a coors light drinker he’s wrong for liking that

Don’t worry, dorsy - one day the hairs will grow in on your chest and you’ll enter manhood. I mean, the coffee you’re drinking won’t get you there, but eventually you will.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
giphy.gif

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
I drink Folgers and wouldn't call that hipster Starbucks coffee. I just make it dark as ****. If I make 12 cups that ***** is getting 13 scoops in it. The Folgers cans say right on the side of the canister you use 1 table spoon of coffee for every cup you brew I just kick it up a notch. Never spent a dime in Starbucks so don't throw me in with that group of people just because I don't drink ***** coffee.

Reactions: SDClone