• Old

Votes: 268 88.4%
  • New

Votes: 35 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
True story: I just saw the "you got the looks, I got the brains, lets make lots of money"....commercial.

I'll probably still go to Caseys until they hire Demi Lovato or some such to do advertisements.

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
The new logo was such a sell out move by Casey's. The sh!tty fresh grind coffee machines tey are putting in their newer stores are even worse. You are literally taking the "convenience" out of convenience store plus the coffee sucks.
YES, the new coffee machines suck. I actually liked the new coffee they rolled out a year or two ago, but it was far better in the traditional dispensers with the valve. The new machines spit out some half-water substance that has a much more artificial taste.

• Agree
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Save money. Have an art class contest. Or graphic design class contest in high school. Winner gets some type of scholarship or something. Probably get a better logo too.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
CF and many other aspects of life need more Almost Heroes references in a bad way.
"There's an old saying: 'White Water in the Morning!"
"Yes?"
"That's it!"

Reactions: madguy30

DBQR4CY

Jun 7, 2013
Ankeny(By way of Dubuque)
How about a Neither option? Both suck. The old one looks like a lower end chain from the early 80's and the new one is lazy. How about instead of logo investment they update so many of their stores that haven't been updated in 20+ years? Sorry, but outside of their pizza it's Kwik Star's world now.

ILikeBacon

Apr 1, 2013
Not only the chicken tenders but also the fried chicken. Well seasoned, perfectly crispy, and juicy meat. While you're checking out you can also grab an extremely sweet treat like a donut or cinnamon roll. That way you are not only consuming massive amounts of sodium but also sugar, you need to have balanced meals after all.
Glazers are excellent! 7 seconds in the microwave... yum.

Keik Trip (Star) makes much of their own food, too. For example, they make their own potato chips.

They also only have stores within one day's drive from LaCrosse since they deliver fresh food to each store daily.

Reactions: jdcyclone19

bradcyclone

Jan 25, 2009
Whomever designed the new Casey’s logo probably designed the newer Fareway logo. Fareway use to have to have the Yellow Shield but it went away.

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
Don't entirely disagree, but evolving your brand is something that needs to be done and it takes pros to do it well. I agree that what they ended up with here is a complete waste. But what we don't know is how much control the Casey's execs exerted over the creative process. They may have been presented with other ideas that were actually good and just not opted for them. It's pretty common to see cool ideas shot down and bad ideas embraced by the client/decisionmaker. And when that happens it's often a result of their personal taste instead of what will resonate best with their customers. Not saying that's what happened here, but it does happen. It can be maddening, and at that point all you really care about is the check clearing.
You mean like the morons that chose the current Iowa default license plate?

1621340662858.png

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
I just noticed the conversion to the new logo in my area a couple days ago and was thinking about posting. It will probably play well with areas that Casey's is still slowly expanding into, but it seems to be a loser for people that grew up around the "General Store."

Reactions: Cy4Lifer

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
'I figure that's why sh'burned s'easy'.
I name this fork 'Pittsburgh Nellie' a Welsh ***** who could do things with her one good arm, that would make you forget about that thing on her neck!

• Winner
Reactions: madguy30

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
unrelated but I am still mad Circle K took over Kum & Go in Boone...I know it's Boone but Circle K sucks

They also bought the Kum and Go at Valley West Drive and EP True in West Des Moines. That corner has a pretty fair amount of grass to maintain and they absolutely refuse to mow or put down some weed preventer. It has turned into a real eye sore.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron