Cap City League 2020...

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I think they should run the league with the over 40 rec leaguers

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Why? That’s odd to wish something away that doesn’t impact you while it brings enjoyment to some people.
As an Iowa State fan it’s odd to wish for something to continue that Iowa State doesn’t want to continue. I enjoyed going, and a kid named Cade’s highlights, but I know the program wasn’t high on it, so I’m glad they can exit through the side door.

str8cashhomie

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 15, 2014
I’m sure Iowa State will use this as a way to not do it in future years as well.
I know people who run the league, and they've already spoken to Iowa State about next year and they're all squared away.

Obviously coaching changes anywhere can change plans depending on who a new coach is, but even beyond the coaching staff, there are people in the program who support it.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
As an Iowa State fan it’s odd to wish for something to continue that Iowa State doesn’t want to continue. I enjoyed going, and a kid named Cade’s highlights, but I know the program wasn’t high on it, so I’m glad they can exit through the side door.
That’s fair. I’m just glad you didn’t use the “players could get injured in it” argument. I also enjoyed some kid named Cade’s highlights. He did a decent job considering he just used his phone.

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
If there’s no Cap City how and at whom will we apply completely unrealistic expectations for the season ahead? :(

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
I’m sure Iowa State will use this as a way to not do it in future years as well.
Why? If they didn't want to do it, they wouldn't. Was there some outside pressure forcing Iowa State to participate all these years? I wouldn't think so, for a free event that like 100-200 people go to.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
I don't think that makes sense. If they didn't want to do it, why would they continue? I can't imagine there is an outside influence strong enough to force them to participate. It's a free event that brings in a tiny amount of fans each week. The money involved with the advertising has to be pennies.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Why? If they didn't want to do it, they wouldn't. Was there some outside pressure forcing Iowa State to participate all these years? I wouldn't think so, for a free event that like 100-200 people go to.
I really don’t know for sure how the program views the CCL but there was rumors in the past they didn’t want to participate it anymore and then they scheduled a Freshman class thing on the same night of the league so it seemed like a way to avoid sending players down there. I agree with you though that they probably liked doing it if they kept doing it.

Reactions: isutrevman

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
The CCL is fun and all, but at the end of the day it doesn’t hurt or help the program. Its fun for the fans in the off season and that’s it. I remember SDW being a star there, but never at Iowa State unfortunately.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I really don’t know for sure how the program views the CCL but there was rumors in the past they didn’t want to participate it anymore and then they scheduled a Freshman class thing on the same night of the league so it seemed like a way to avoid sending players down there. I agree with you though that they probably liked doing it if they kept doing it.

I thought Prohm came around to be okay with CCL, particularly with the revised schedule.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

Nah. I prefer Thompsonclone's work. jimlad.png