Cam Newton

Dave19642006

Nov 21, 2006
Des Moines
Is there a reason people still have him on the ballot till at least after the investigation???

It seems it may be another Reggie Bush deal where if he wins he may have to return it....

Seems if he is on it it will make the NCAA Heisman as corrupt as Roy Williams

HiltonMagic

Apr 12, 2006
CA
Visit site
Could you imagine if all these allegations were proven false though? And he didn't get it but deserved it? Now, I don't believe that, but you can always take it away from him.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
It pains me to say it, but this guy is a STUD and for at least his accomplishments on the field, deserve a vote as the best collegiate player this year. However.....I do believe the allegations have some merit and, just like the allegations that were whispered when Bush was around, the Newton allegations will get more detailed after the award presentation....

That said, I feel the Heisman Trophy has degraded to nothing more than a popularity contest; 2nd Tier Boxing decisions have more more credibility than a Heisman. It's a joke and an embarrassment to college sports.

Dave19642006

Nov 21, 2006
Des Moines
Could you imagine if all these allegations were proven false though? And he didn't get it but deserved it? Now, I don't believe that, but you can always take it away from him.

I can understand if that happens, but the Heisman is a prestigious award given out. Alligations, should be dismissed via investigation, and if on the ballot, it should have presidence and be taken care of. He always has another year or two or three. Does a Heisman really make a player?

HiltonMagic

Apr 12, 2006
CA
Visit site
I can understand if that happens, but the Heisman is a prestigious award given out. Alligations, should be dismissed via investigation, and if on the ballot, it should have presidence and be taken care of. He always has another year or two or three. Does a Heisman really make a player?

:biglaugh:

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Until it's proven he solicited pay-for-play, ya have to look at him as innocent.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron