Bubu

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
Good, then threads about him can be put in the InState Rivals forum. Best of luck to Bubu at Creighton.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Believe me if you want, but I have heard from numerous sources that Bubu's transfer waiver will be approved, if it hasn't already. And his landing point you ask? Creighton. Posted this for anyone who cares. Believe what you want, this is what my sources inside the team have said, FWIW. Wish him the best, and thank him for his 4 great years as a Cyclone.
Good for him and good for Creighton

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Don't get the hate on this particular Bubu thread. While 99% of Bubu threads in season were about him starting or whether Leath was right or not, this one is just talking about where he's looking to land. I guess some posters are too good to know the future of former Cyclone players, but I for one appreciate the thread.

This thread might have just been talking about where Palo is looking to land, but you certainly put that to an end when you decided to take a shot at Leath. You are just as guilty as the people you are complaining about.

Good for him. I hope every time he scores he puts a middle finger in the air for Leath.

Reactions: Angie

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
I hope this is the last Bubu thread ever. God I'm sick of seeing these things pop up every week.

If you're that sick of them, then why don't you just ignore them instead of reading them and commenting? This is not old news and, believe it or not, many, many people believe Bubu was screwed over by Leath. The people who are interested enough to read this thread could care less what you think about another Bubu thread.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
You have connections inside the NCAA?

If true, too bad McBuckets won't be there to play with.

I suspect that the source is someone close to Bubu and/or Creighton who hopes it is true, but since the source is not close enough to the NCAA, I don't yet believe it. They seem to keep these things pretty close to the vest until an official announcement is made.

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Tired of the Bubu hate.. guy gave it his all everyday for Iowa State when the University allowed him to.. and I hope this is true and he gets another chance.. makes me sick seeing all of the people bashing him.. and like others have said.. if u don't like him or don't like these threads then fricking ignore them I don't understand how hard that is

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Tired of the Bubu hate.. guy gave it his all everyday for Iowa State when the University allowed him to.. and I hope this is true and he gets another chance.. makes me sick seeing all of the people bashing him.. and like others have said.. if u don't like him or don't like these threads then fricking ignore them I don't understand how hard that is
You are on a message board. If conflicting opinions about someone bothers you this much stay off it.

Reactions: Angie

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
McD getting a transfer?

Did someone divide by Zero?

He'll leave midseason for Europe.

I'm pretty skeptical about this report. I'd be surprised if he's even filed it yet and I doubt if he has anyone at the NCAA has even looked at it.

I'd be pretty shocked if it's approved. Allowing a guy an extra year that could have played but was left on the bench would set a weird precedent.

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
I thought 2013/14 was his 4th year? Like Dougie?

Is he applying for a waiver to transfer because of the whole big mess this year?

He is applying for a waiver since he missed half of last year and the charges were dropped. Then the deal from this past summer and what he had to do to get back on the team. Not playing at all since getting on the team.

If I had to guess, he is applying for this transfer cause.

Two-Year Non-Participation/Minimal Participation Exception

A student-athlete may transfer and play immediately if for a two-year period prior to starting any practice or competition at the new school, the student-athlete did not participate at all in intercollegiate athletics for two years, except for one 14-day period (i.e. a tryout). The two-year period must start after the student-athlete enrolls in college.

Taken from http://www.athleticscholarships.net/ncaa-transfer-exceptions.htm

I'm to lazy to do the math but I'm guessing he's taking the first suspension and his time this year and getting his 2 years. I looked down the list of transfer exceptions, nothing else really fits.

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I really doubt he ends up anywhere in Div I. Not being pro or anti, just looking at it objectively. If we knew nothing but his basic story and he had played at South Podunk State, would we want him as a one year senior thingie here at ISU. Won't we be hammering Iowa if they were looking at someone with a similar controversial back story?

CyCy

Nov 7, 2006
Count me also as being very skeptical.

The 6th year exemption is normally only granted for a player who missed two complete years due to injury. In Bubu's case he missed no years due to injury. He sat out one just as a redshirt and then missed another basically due to suspension.

To grant him a 6th year would be a huge modification in previous NCAA policy.

Also I'm not sure the Creighton administration would be in favor of this. It's a little difficult to imagine a University President approving a player that another University President had tried to bar.

Cyclones01

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2008
Urbandale
That's great for Bubu. I will cheer for him at Creighton, as long as we don't have to play him.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Best of luck to Bubu, seems like if he hadn't rejoined teh team this year that his waiver for a 6th year would be easier to get, as it stands he was just a guy who rode our bench. Not getting minutes isn't waiver worthy is it? I'm not arguing he shouldn't get a waiver, just doesn't seem like something the NCAA would allow.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Count me also as being very skeptical.

The 6th year exemption is normally only granted for a player who missed two complete years due to injury. In Bubu's case he missed no years due to injury. He sat out one just as a redshirt and then missed another basically due to suspension.

To grant him a 6th year would be a huge modification in previous NCAA policy.

Also I'm not sure the Creighton administration would be in favor of this. It's a little difficult to imagine a University President approving a player that another University President had tried to bar.

Well, skeptical, stranger things happen with the NCAA.
From WHO website, the new defendants:
Grace and HE Breshears 1412 Wilson Ave 515 337 1068

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron