Bubu Thread

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Bubu has to earn his minutes like anyone , to play him because some feel sorry for him would be a huge mistake and could potentially cause some to transfer after the season who are sitting. He looks like he's screwing off in the pregame warmups, no intensity at all.

Since he will be ineligible to play again after this season your argument about causing bench players to transfer is a stretch. And since you have been rather vocal in your disapproval of Bubu's return to the team, pardon me if I take your assessment of his warmup efforts with a grain of salt.

Edit: I also find it interesting that two minutes after I posted this comment, you edited yours down to:
Bubu is where he is.​

Last edited by ketelmeister; Today at 07:20 AM.​

Last edited:

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
People are actually still talking about this?

Bubu appealed in order to get back on the team and was successful. He didn't sue to get on the court.

I just don't think we are likely to see him at all until Senior Day, and other than a game introduction, maybe not even then.

People are wasting their time arguing otherwise. Fred is the only one who can get him in the games, and hasn't bothered to look his way in the two weeks he's been back. Do you really expect that to change?

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012

Bubu appealed in order to get back on the team and was successful. He didn't sue to get on the court.

I just don't think we are likely to see him at all until Senior Day, and other than a game introduction, maybe not even then.

People are wasting their time arguing otherwise. Fred is the only one who can get him in the games, and hasn't bothered to look his way in the two weeks he's been back. Do you really expect that to change?

Well to be fair, this last stretch of games hasn't exactly been the most ideal time to introduce a controversial player who hasn't played all year.

Look for a possible return in the next stretch of games after tonight.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
Play Bubu if you want to maximize our potential this year. Start Morris and Bubu can be his backup. Bubu was primed to break out this year.

I saw BuBu play a couple of times this summer and while I agree he was much improved and poised to make a big contribution this year, Fred and his teammates may know what his frame of mind is right now. He went thru all the stress of the situation and being off the team most of last year, thought his nightmare was over, then it comes back again worse than ever with Leath's decision. It would be hard not to be extremely bitter and down about basically losing most of his senior season too. He soon may be physically ready to go, but it's hard not to think this nightmare coming back again has not affected his mental state. I'll trust Fred completely in this as to when and if he plays.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton

Can't work him in during a stretch playing 8 teams that were ranked at some point in a row. He'll have time to work into the rotation after tonight.

CyCy

Nov 7, 2006
I didn't follow the court ruling.

Did they grant a permanent injunction that allows him to play for the rest of the year. Or did they grant a temporary injunction that could possibly be reversed on appeal.

If it's that later, you couldn't really move Bubu into the playing rotation if he could possibly be gone later.

CloneZone13

Feb 7, 2013
With regard to the whole Bubu situation, we need to trust Fred. He sees a lot that we don't. I'm curious if Fred really wants him on the team, or if he sees Bubu now as a distraction. I wonder the same about the other players. Fred has him doing what he thinks is best for the team. If that's on the scout team, it's fine with me.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
With regard to the whole Bubu situation, we need to trust Fred. He sees a lot that we don't. I'm curious if Fred really wants him on the team, or if he sees Bubu now as a distraction. I wonder the same about the other players. Fred has him doing what he thinks is best for the team. If that's on the scout team, it's fine with me.

Pretty sure Fred was glad to have him back on the team last year and looking forward to him contributing more this year, and some of the players made it clear they were glad to get him back. But that was before JP and Leath's comments to the press, which have only put Fred and the team in an awkward situation.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
Pretty sure Fred was glad to have him back on the team last year and looking forward to him contributing more this year, and some of the players made it clear they were glad to get him back. But that was before JP and Leath's comments to the press, which have only put Fred and the team in an awkward situation.

Don't agree on Fred...it's very clear to him that he calls his own shots and does what he wants.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
He had 9 assists to 1 turnover. He took some bad shots, but normally he picks up a few more fouls. The refs seemed to let both teams play, OU only had 16 fouls with a few coming from the end of the game.

Yup. I'll take 9 assists any time because that means the entire team is involved.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I didn't follow the court ruling.

Did they grant a permanent injunction that allows him to play for the rest of the year. Or did they grant a temporary injunction that could possibly be reversed on appeal.

If it's that later, you couldn't really move Bubu into the playing rotation if he could possibly be gone later.

Temporary. However, unless I missed it, they haven't even set a court date for the appeal, and there are only about 6 weeks left in the season. Odds are, they won't make it to court before the end of the season. My guess is that's why Bubu's lawyers asked for (and received) the temporary stay, to prevent ISU admin from dragging it out until the season was over, making the appeal a moot point.

Kinda seems they were right, too, since after the big show of asking the SCoI to become involved in striking down the temporary stay, ISU admin failed to provide the additional documentation requested in the time allotted, and the SCoI declined to get involved. So I guess now it's back to the appeals court level.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
Temporary. However, unless I missed it, they haven't even set a court date for the appeal, and there are only about 6 weeks left in the season. Odds are, they won't make it to court before the end of the season. My guess is that's why Bubu's lawyers asked for (and received) the temporary stay, to prevent ISU admin from dragging it out until the season was over, making the appeal a moot point.

Kinda seems they were right, too, since after the big show of asking the SCoI to become involved in striking down the temporary stay, ISU admin failed to provide the additional documentation requested in the time allotted, and the SCoI declined to get involved. So I guess now it's back to the appeals court level.

What you wrote seems to be a different version from what was in the newspaper, but it doesn't matter much at this point. The end result is the same.

Last edited:

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
Don't agree on Fred...it's very clear to him that he calls his own shots and does what he wants.

I agree that Fred will do what he thinks is best for the team, just that it makes for a bad situation when your bosses are making statements to the media making it clear they're not happy BuBu's on the team. Honor before victory, etc.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
Does he even suit up?
Yes

Plus he was draining threes in warm ups before the public got in. I know its different then real games, but I think he could play. He will at least play Saturday. If he doesn't then he won't play at all. If thats the case I will be disappointed in Fred. He's been put in a tough position but he is Fred Hoiberg so it is his decison.