Bruns - Iowa Everywhere

LtRaczack

Dec 23, 2010
Columbus, GA
Yep.

Here it is for this year. NCAAF Yards Per Point

ISU comes in at #125 out of 131 teams.

We're almost the worst team in football.

And I'm the bad guy for wanting wholesale changes in the offensive staff.
Yeah, you know I...I....I don't know exactly what's going on there obviously well I'll have a better answer of why........you know I thought they were good play calls I thought it really man there was a lack of execution and why that happened I don't know.....

Umm you know we.....
You know we'll have to take a great look at that and I'll probably have a better answer for you and give you an exact on that..........

• Haha
Reactions: joefrog

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
I'm pretty sure he took over tight end after Golesh, unless we want to give Alex all that credit.
He may be a good TE coach, but I’d be curious to know why Dean or Hannika haven’t really stepped up then. Also Rus if he counts as a TE he hasn’t really done much either.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
He may be a good TE coach, but I’d be curious to know why Dean or Hannika haven’t really stepped up then. Also Rus if he counts as a TE he hasn’t really done much either.
They're just not the total package. Neither was Charlie though, he never really got good at blocking. I'm pretty sure Moore will be very good.
I think all of our coaches are good position coaches except for maybe Meyers. That's kind of my point though, Matt is very poor at in-game decisions reflected by the 5 and 18 record in coin flip games. I think it's pretty clear they're not following their players, formation, plays mantra when they're trotting out that three tight end look when we just don't have the horses to run that set this year. It just looks like they're throwing s*** at the wall and seeing what sticks at this point.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I'm trying to save Cyclone Football in case my nieces decide to go there.

Because if wholesale changes are not made right after this season ends, you can forget about next year.

Or Campbell getting back to .500.

Because there is absolutely no reason to believe that, not with our current recruiting rankings.

Ha! This is great.

Reactions: JimmyChitwood

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
Ha! This is great.
Curious, if next year is like this one, does that get Campbell fired?

How long are you willing to put up with this?

Be very specific.

I've shown that ISU is astonishingly bad. Much worse than the team CMC inherited as far as offensive production. And way less fun to watch.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA

Be very specific.

I've shown that ISU is astonishingly bad. Much worse than the team CMC inherited as far as offensive production. And way less fun to watch.

For me, to answer your first question - no. I’ve been an ISU fan for 22 years and this 5 year stretch is infinitely better than anything we’ve done before. We go 4-8 with 8 close losses, I expect Campbell to make changes (he will). If we go 4-8 next year and regress again, I give him one more shot in 2024 and then maybe jump off the bandwagon.

The guy took us to 5 straight bowls, a conference championship game, a Fiesta bowl, a Fiesta Bowl win, and back to a respectable program. He deserves a long leash even though this year was super frustrating. Do you disagree?

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
For me, to answer your first question - no. I’ve been an ISU fan for 22 years and this 5 year stretch is infinitely better than anything we’ve done before. We go 4-8 with 8 close losses, I expect Campbell to make changes (he will). If we go 4-8 next year and regress again, I give him one more shot in 2024 and then maybe jump off the bandwagon.

The guy took us to 5 straight bowls, a conference championship game, a Fiesta bowl, a Fiesta Bowl win, and back to a respectable program. He deserves a long leash even though this year was super frustrating. Do you disagree?
I think he does not agree.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007

I agree to a point because making a bowl today means squat.

Look.....some are getting excited about going 5-7.

Heck it wasn't that long ago last year's storied team would have been left out with their record.

So I don't put too much stock in "5 straight years". Because if they happen to upset TCU.....then they will be going with 5 wins and that is nothing to brag about.

With that said he has enough currency saved to weather a few bad years. And I hope he figures out the offensive woes because unless the D is as good next year.........they are going to have to score some points to keep from having another losing season.

Williowa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2016

It's not like TCU was even relevant last year, now they lead the conference. If they do the right things that could be us next year

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I'm trying to save Cyclone Football in case my nieces decide to go there.

Because if wholesale changes are not made right after this season ends, you can forget about next year.

Or Campbell getting back to .500.

Because there is absolutely no reason to believe that, not with our current recruiting rankings.
You're not saving anything. You're not important enough. So quit trying so hard.

• Winner

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015

Be very specific.

I have never dumbed a post before and I don't intend to do so in the future, but you're making it incredibly difficult.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
It's not like TCU was even relevant last year, now they lead the conference. If they do the right things that could be us next year

Unless I'm wrong TCU changed coaches. I'm certain that had something to do with them being relevant. So I don't think that is the best example to be making in CMC's defense.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Be very specific.

It would help if you were more specific to what the answers are once you send CMC packing.

Who is going to replace him and what specifically are they going to do to get ISU to whatever standard you think they should be at?

LtRaczack

Dec 23, 2010
Columbus, GA

Matt has proven himself fully capable of building a winning football team. This same staff cobbled together something resembling an offense in 2016 and navigated some pretty extensive challenges in 2017 (I personally believe this season is his best coaching on display) to produce a solid 8-5 bowl team which included many players that were around for the KSU debacle in 2015.

That’s why from my perspective this season is bizarre. These press conferences are bizarre even with coach speak.

I hope your right and this season is an anomaly. It’s just strange that this season seems to be an exercise in relentless, dogged persistence for a certain approach regardless of results.

Williowa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2016
Unless I'm wrong TCU changed coaches. I'm certain that had something to do with them being relevant. So I don't think that is the best example to be making in CMC's defense.
They did. But it's not impossible, that's all in saying.

CMC has made enormous changes in how they do things, there's no reason to think they can't figure this out.