Bruns - Iowa Everywhere

Big_Sill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 4, 2008
Bruns is too close to the program to say it, but I will.

The OL is in disarray. When half the line blocks one scheme and the other half blocks another, coaching need to be seriously questioned.
I guess I'll need to say it after every podcast. Ben is NOT too close to the program, I can 100% confirm that for you.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
Bruns is too close to the program to say it, but I will.

The OL is in disarray. When half the line blocks one scheme and the other half blocks another, coaching need to be seriously questioned.
Maybe you should listen to it before commenting - Bruns addressed exactly this. Exactly.

The biggest problem with all of our armchair quarterbacking, which again Bruns brings up, is none of us knows what they're being coached Sunday through Friday or what's being called on Saturday. So we can't definitively know if it's coaching, execution or both. If it's execution, is it talent or knowledge/understanding? If it's coaching, is it poor strategy/tactics or poor communication? Any of that is fixable, but no one outside the football team can diagnose and correct it. All we can do is ***** on CF.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Maybe you should listen to it before commenting - Bruns addressed exactly this. Exactly.

The biggest problem with all of our armchair quarterbacking, which again Bruns brings up, is none of us knows what they're being coached Sunday through Friday or what's being called on Saturday. So we can't definitively know if it's coaching, execution or both. If it's execution, is it talent or knowledge/understanding? If it's coaching, is it poor strategy/tactics or poor communication? Any of that is fixable, but no one outside the football team can diagnose and correct it. All we can do is ***** on CF.
Ah, so his go to card of hating the special teams is gone so he chose to ***** about the fans instead? Stunning

You'd think for someone whos supposed to be this football genius like people claim he is that hed actually, you know, try and explain whats happening with the offense and tell us why its doing what. But nope. Thats why he sucks

There's about 10 comments giving better analysis here than what he gives every week

loyalsons4evertrue

Sep 18, 2020

I'm pretty sure I'm able to tell that a screen pass on 3rd and 10 is an incredibly stupid play call. It's okay to admit our offensive coaches/scheming sucks. Imo it's not the talent. Yes of course we lost tons of vets from last year's team but this team has also been in most games this year. It's the lack of offensive creativity to challenge opposing defenses, lack of OL development, poor special teams, that constantly put us behind the 8 ball at every turn

Jkclone15

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 19, 2017
Ah, so his go to card of hating the special teams is gone so he chose to ***** about the fans instead? Stunning

You'd think for someone whos supposed to be this football genius like people claim he is that hed actually, you know, try and explain whats happening with the offense and tell us why its doing what. But nope. Thats why he sucks

There's about 10 comments giving better analysis here than what he gives every week
He spends the majority of the podcast trying to explain the failings of the offense. Pretty much exactly what you claim you want...

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa

I think in year 7 we can probably identify with near certainty exactly what the problems are, and who to blame.

They are the same ones people have noticed and complained about for years. Maybe by year 10 they'll change personnel and strategy to address them?

Be patient. Trust the process, culture, margins, kicker. Whatever.

LtRaczack

Dec 23, 2010
Columbus, GA
Does it talk about the stupidity of snapping the ball 7 yards behind the LOS and handing off to a stationary running back just to gain an inch?

Brilliant play calling.
Hey! That's the bread-and-butter play that somehow persists in that lovely offensive chart this staff picked up from the CPR staff.

Reactions: joefrog

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
I'm pretty sure I'm able to tell that a screen pass on 3rd and 10 is an incredibly stupid play call. It's okay to admit our offensive coaches/scheming sucks. Imo it's not the talent. Yes of course we lost tons of vets from last year's team but this team has also been in most games this year. It's the lack of offensive creativity to challenge opposing defenses, lack of OL development, poor special teams, that constantly put us behind the 8 ball at every turn
Honest question: do you believe that CMC will do what needs to be done to address these things? Or is he hoping to just land another NFL RB to mask these problems?