Brody Teske

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Does the Suriano departure make PSU more of a player? I don't view Teske as someone wanting to go that far away though.

I would assume PSU will pursue harder. Not sure if he wants to go that far away. Maybe makes guys more wary of the offers they give. (Assuming they are getting creative)

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
I haven't followed the Suriano thing closely. Was the main issue there that he wanted to move to 133 and they wanted him at 125 or was there more to it? Penn State becoming more of a player for anyone we're pursuing worries me.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
I haven't followed the Suriano thing closely. Was the main issue there that he wanted to move to 133 and they wanted him at 125 or was there more to it? Penn State becoming more of a player for anyone we're pursuing worries me.

I don't know the answer here, but this makes sense. Suriano looks like a massive 125, so I'm sure he's cutting a bunch, and that sucks. A little cut? Fine, but it looked to me like he was cutting a lot more than a little, even as a freshman.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
I don't know the answer here, but this makes sense. Suriano looks like a massive 125, so I'm sure he's cutting a bunch, and that sucks. A little cut? Fine, but it looked to me like he was cutting a lot more than a little, even as a freshman.

I agree he was huge, especially for a true freshman. Cael has always preached that he'd rather focus on guys being at their best more so than cutting weight so it seems odd. I suppose when the room is that loaded it's easy for him to dictate where guys are going to land weight-wise. I wonder if this would've gone down differently is Suriano didn't get hurt last season. He had a great shot at winning it all before the injury. Helluva pickup for Rutgers.

CloneWR

Nov 1, 2016
My understanding is Suriano was wanting to go back home and that he did t "fit" with the rest of the guys and just kept to himself.

Ps- Remember when I said Iowa falsely told Mejia they could get him admitted and that he was nolonger going there....... Mejia to IL.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
My understanding is Suriano was wanting to go back home and that he did t "fit" with the rest of the guys and just kept to himself.

Ps- Remember when I said Iowa falsely told Mejia they could get him admitted and that he was nolonger going there....... Mejia to IL.

Yeah they got pretty ugly on HR about your comments

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Former Dodger Sam Cook just decided to switch from football to wrestling at Iowa. Supposedly him and Teske are very close.

Teske's recruiting is extremely interesting. Every time I think he's going one way, something happens and there's a reason to think he'll go somewhere else.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I would not be surprised if he went to Penn State, Iowa State or Iowa.

I would be more surprised if he went to UNI or Minnesota

CloneWR

Nov 1, 2016
I think prematurely was the word I was looking for.

I have heard MN is a pretty serious contender for Teske.

Iowa and PSU seem to be picking up steam as things develop.

ISU still seems like a slight favorite but no gimme.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011

Remember when I said he wouldn't be going to Iowa, either? Despite his commitment? That's not to say there isn't truth to what you're saying.

I'm also fairly confident that though he's going "to Illinois" it isn't the University of Illinois.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Former Dodger Sam Cook just decided to switch from football to wrestling at Iowa. Supposedly him and Teske are very close.

Teske's recruiting is extremely interesting. Every time I think he's going one way, something happens and there's a reason to think he'll go somewhere else.

Is he getting any $$ for wrestling? I know he was a walk on at iowa. He had a full ride at okie for wrestling. Went to football because he wanted to eat and not worry, and now if he is a walk on, that could be a big financial decision.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
Is he getting any $$ for wrestling? I know he was a walk on at iowa. He had a full ride at okie for wrestling. Went to football because he wanted to eat and not worry, and now if he is a walk on, that could be a big financial decision.

He didn't have a full wrestling ride to OK. That was a misunderstanding on the part of a reporter.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
What is interesting about FD is almost all their big wrestlers are from there and went through youth programs their whole lives. I remember all the previous named kids that are juniors or seniors at youth tourneys. Cook was the only one to move in and he moved in right before junior high.

My son was at a camp this summer with Pritchard (think thats his name, the wrestler from indianola missing a leg) and he said he moving to SEP. I had heard they received another transfer but can't remember their name off the top of my head. It takes many years to build up the talent and is rough when someone leaves with 1-2 years left.