Brewery Discoveries on Vacation

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I probably shouldn't admit this but one of the things I love most about vacations is finding new (to me) breweries. What are some breweries that you never heard of but ended up liking a lot? A few of mine:

Bozeman Montana-First of all, what an awesome little town. Took a day off from Yellowstone and fell in love with Bozeman. The place I liked here was a place called Mountains Walking Brewery. There is another place in town called MAP Brewing and they have a lot better tap room with a gorgeous view but Mountains Walking had the best beer.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
San Diego-You can't walk two blocks without finding a world class beer in San Diego but the last time I was there I discovered a place called Pure Project. This was 2 years ago and they may be bigger now but at the time they put out some great IPA's and Stouts.

Reactions: sandiego

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Milwaukee-Like Bozeman, the place with the best view/taproom was great but not my favorite. LakeFront was large, good tour, great food, and decent beer. Eagle Park had the best beer. IPA's seem to be their thing and they did them well.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
I went to Greenwood Brewery in downtown Phoenix this last weekend. Had a Big Grove Brewery shirt on and bartender got to chatting with me and the Owner of Greenwood is from Iowa. Place is entirely female owned which is pretty cool for an industry that’s male dominated

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Great Notion in Portland, Burial and 12 Bones in Asheville, and Mountains Walking in Bozeman. Love checking out new breweries

Reactions: Storkenheimer

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Roadhouse Brewery in Jackson, WY

Courtyard Brewery in New Orleans - this was 5-6 years ago and they had a Toppling Goliath sticker on their beer cooler

Gotahold Brewing, Euerka Springs AR

Storkenheimer

Oct 2, 2011
Outer Range Brewing in Frisco Colorado is great. Knotted Root Brewing in Nederland Colorado is also awesome. Both cool places in the mountains with fantastic IPAs.

Nader_uggghhh

Jul 11, 2017
I can be a snob so I'm usually underwhelmed by random breweries. These were all impressionable to me.

Boneyard Brewing- Bend OR- first IPA that got me on the craft train.

608 Brewing- LaCrosee WI- Random apple orchard stop. Walked out with a bunch of beer and all styles were awesome.

Homes Brewing- Ann Arbor MI- great beer, plus they make smooj. Way too busy.

Odd 13- Lafayette CO- super chill spot. Tap room is always calm, they mostly sling to-go beer. Another brewery that I discovered at the start of my craft beer journey.

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
Any celiacs been to Burning Brothers St Paul MN? Not that you have to be afflicted. I have had their beer in cans but never been to the GF tap room before but doing it this year on way up NORT!

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Any celiacs been to Burning Brothers St Paul MN? Not that you have to be afflicted. I have had their beer in cans but never been to the GF tap room before but doing it this year on way up NORT!
I'll have to put that on my list. Barrel Theory in St Paul probably has my favorite beer in MN.

Reactions: CloniesForLife

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Barrel Theory in St Paul is Awesome

Black Stack in St Paul is my vote for best in Twin Cities.

Was not a fan of Burning Brothers.
Barrel Theory and Blackstack are two of the best in the cities for sure. Falling Knife in Minneapolis is just over a year old and is very good as well. Really like Dangerous Man, Indeed and Fair State too.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Barrel Theory and Blackstack are two of the best in the cities for sure. Falling Knife in Minneapolis is just over a year old and is very good as well. Really like Dangerous Man, Indeed and Fair State too.

Barrel Theory and Fair State are my favorites in the Twin Cities. Dangerous Man and Indeed have never lived up to the hype for me

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
My wife and I just went on vacation to the south Caribbean and I drank a lot of Polar beer, which I believe is Venezuelan. It was a good beach beer. Pretty light, and easy to drink. I'm not sure it would have been as good in another setting, but it was the right time and place.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron