Bracketology 2024

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Just wondering, with the way both Tennessee and Arizona lost today, if there's any way we can climb up the 2 line... ESPECIALLY with whom we have to beat in this tournament.
Tennessee we likely need to win tomorrow, but imo I think we should be above Arizona already. The Wildcats have the pedigree to go deep, but they aren’t consistent enough. They have some head scratching losses this year.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Tennessee we likely need to win tomorrow, but imo I think we should be above Arizona already. The Wildcats have the pedigree to go deep, but they aren’t consistent enough. They have some head scratching losses this year.
Arizona is no different than last year. I don’t think they will lose game 1, but they aren’t going far. Easy pick to fall out early.

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
Compare our resume with UNC and consider us winning against Houston and UNC losing tomorrow. We deserve to at least be in the conversation if that happens.
I'd think at least a conversation jumping Houston if we win also. Why not? Be 2 out of 3 head to head and winning on a neutral court.

HackTheGibson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 18, 2013
Omaha
NC state against UNC tomorrow. If we beat Houston and UNC loses, I don't see how we can't be well into the discussion for that last 1 seed. NC state is not a better loss than our k-state loss. We would have beat Houston 2 out of 3 times. Winning the tournament in the toughest conference in college basketball. Taking the third best team (some projecting them as a 2 seed) out to the woodshed tonight. Deserving of a good, long look.

Bring on Houston! Let's go!

clone37

Oct 9, 2010
Arizona is no different than last year. I don’t think they will lose game 1, but they aren’t going far. Easy pick to fall out early.
I think we have jumped AZ and/or Tenn now. We have an equal or better Q1 and Q2 record than them now.

Reactions: CySmurf

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
I know our non conference is going to kill is but put our resume next to UNC If they lose tomorrow and we win. don’t agree they are a lock.

They have two wins against Duke and one against Tennessee. A few decent conference wins but far fewer than ours.

Bad loss against Georgia Tech and Villonava loss looks bad now.

We’d have 2 wins against Houston, one against Baylor, one against Kansas.

Our wins against BYU, TCU x2, Tech, Texas are better than their conference wins.

We’d share a win against OU.

Our losses against VaTech and A&M similarly bad to theirs.

Will the committee give them a 1 because they’re UNC? Of course. But if we beat Houston tomorrow I don’t see how it’s as cut and dried as people make it out to be.

Last edited:

Jayshellberg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 4, 2016
Omaha
Why do we care about Arizona?
Better chance at a 2?
No, ISU is a “2” seed now. However, it would be better to be a “2” seed in the West than the East, where UConn will be. If ISU is s higher overall seed than Arizona, albeit both being “2” seeds, the committee could place ISU in the West Region instead of Arizona.

• Agree
Reactions: DSMCy

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I get it, but at least worth conversation. It would at least lock us the first 2 I'd hope.
Oh for sure there would be a real shot at the top 2 seed. Head to head isn’t going to mean much. Houston still did get a win against us and more importantly they won the league we are in by two games over us. And to top it off, they would still be 30-4 and us 27-7.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
I'd think at least a conversation jumping Houston if we win also. Why not? Be 2 out of 3 head to head and winning on a neutral court.
We also finished 2 games behind them in the standings. We're not jumping Houston.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
Basically asked and answered 100x, but regardless of region, tonight pretty well removed any doubt about us in Omaha, right?

Yes. ISU would have to get screwed by the committee to not get Omaha

Reactions: ca4cy