Bowl Projections

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
The only thing that really matters is the bowl payouts. The historical relevance and prestige of these bowls, has for the most part, been thrown out the window. Additionally, all of our bowls are against P5 schools, which makes for good matchups in my opinion.
I am one that wishes they would have stuck with the historical names of bowls if they have one. I am fine with sponsors, similar to Playstation Fiesta Bowl. But not changing the name of the bowl every time the sponsor changes. Like the Cheezit Bowl.

That would at least make some of these bowls feel more traditional. If we still had bowls like the Copper, (Guarnteed Rate), Tangerine, Sunshine Classic(Both used for Cheezit, Citrus).

I do think a few have went back to classic names, but there are a few that still could.

cyc26

Nov 24, 2020
know fall camp has just started, but would love to know what some of y’all have been hearing in terms of players to watch for, potential breakout players, younger guy who may step up for this years squad (i.e. not public knowledge lol) etc… Given the nature of this team and how open some positions are, there is tons to talk about! So let’s do it.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA

exCyDing

Nov 29, 2017
How is that any different than the last 5 years they’ve missed a bowl?
Their schedule shouldn't be a problem, but then again, it's hard to believe that a school with *resources* like Nebraska hasn't been able to find 6 wins in a year for awhile.

OOC: North Dakota (not State), Georgia Southern, Oklahoma. Should be 2-1 unless the ongoing dumpster fire has spread to the tire pile.

East: Indiana, @Rutgers and @MI. Should be 2-1, but Rutgers might be tougher than expected. This is a whole lot nicer than their East slate last year, which was @Mich St, Michigan and Ohio State.

Week 1 is against NW in Ireland, which is a great situation for a program that's struggled with consistency and (on field) discipline and with a new QB. Plus it's week 1 to boot.

Fun fact, Frost's buyout drops after week 6, which is their bye between Indiana and @Rutgers. Anything less than 3-2 at the bye and I don't think they make a bowl.

Week 8-10 is really their make or break - they've consistently missed bowls because they can't beat Purdue, IL and MN (plus NW). They play these three in succession, with @Purdue and the other two at home back to back. If they aren't at six wins by this point, it's probably not going to happen.

Their season closes with games @MI, WI and @IA. It's going to be very tough if they need another win to get to 6.

Wins: North Dakota, Georgia Southern, IN
Tossups: NW, @Rutgers, @Purdue, IL, MN
Losses: OU, @MI, WI, @IA

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm

CyState85

May 8, 2019
Iv’e heard many say this is a rebuilding year for ISU and we are still predicted to go to a bowl. I remember some pretty lean years in the 90’s when a rebuilding year meant we went 1-10 instead of 3-8.

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
I think 6 wins is probably realistic this year.
So one of the worst b12 bowls is Probably a good guess.

I am not sure we beat Iowa, Baylor, ou, osu.
@tex and @ tcu are going to be rough also.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
I'd say one...McDonald. What I don't get about Nebraska is thinking that Casey Thompson is the answer.
Ive heard Chubba is making a legit run at QB1 right now. To play against a Purdy in a bowl game would be all kinds of weird.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
Sign me up for any bowl playing a power 5 team in a somewhat desirable and warm city. Could not care less about the name, just tired of playing G5 teams in bowls.
Like Norte Dame, Oregon, Clemson, Wash St?? I mean, we’ve played a few but the recent trend is pretty solid opponents.

Help Support Us

Become a patron