Bowl Game Projections

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
You would have a better chance of getting to your location on time by riding a bike rather than flying Frontier.

I use to fly them quite a bit back in '12-'13 and never had any issues, have they gone down hill since then?

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
I use to fly them quite a bit back in '12-'13 and never had any issues, have they gone down hill since then?
They fly to certain locations twice a week. If your flight gets canceled, which happens at an extremely high rate compared to other airlines, they will offer you a free ticket on the flight that is in a few days. If you don't want that, they'll offer a voucher for only Frontier that can be used in the next 6 months.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Cactus Bowl would be the best for pregaming since it is the closest downtown. Camping World Bowl is in a kinda rough resident neighborhood (though they are in the process of gentrifying the area)

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Cactus Bowl would be the best for pregaming since it is the closest downtown. Camping World Bowl is in a kinda rough resident neighborhood (though they are in the process of gentrifying the area)
Many stadiums are in ****** neighborhoods because the land is cheap and they get public financing by "reviving" the area.

• Winner
Reactions: skibumspe

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
If I were to guess... if we win Saturday I think we will be in Orlando. If we lose then I'd say Memphis.

• Agree
Reactions: dualthreat

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Brett McMurphy latest projections:

BOWL (CITY) DATE MATCHUP
Cactus Bowl (Phoenix) Dec. 26 Big 12 vs. Pac-12

Projection: Iowa State vs. Arizona State

After Iowa State's blazing 6-2 start, its won only one of its last three games. The Cyclones close the regular season against nemesis Kansas State, which has won nine straight against ISU - but only one of those victories was by more than eight points.

https://www.thescore.com/ncaaf/news...-auburn-osu-remain-on-course-for-cfp-showdown

• Dislike
Reactions: huntt26

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.

BOWL (CITY) DATE MATCHUP

After Iowa State's blazing 6-2 start, its won only one of its last three games. The Cyclones close the regular season against nemesis Kansas State, which has won nine straight against ISU - but only one of those victories was by more than eight points.

https://www.thescore.com/ncaaf/news...-auburn-osu-remain-on-course-for-cfp-showdown
Really, really hope that doesn't happen. The day after Christmas would be tough for me.

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City

BOWL (CITY) DATE MATCHUP

I highly doubt we will be in the Cactus Bowl. KState and Texas and Tech as well if they get in are all behind us IMO

shawn_200m

Apr 10, 2006
Tipton, IA
I've seen a lot of chatter today from Texas media/fans that seem to think that if they win Friday that they will be heading to Orlando. Not sure if there's anything behind it other than that they think they'll pass us just because they are Texas, but I'll be rooting for Tech on Friday just in case.

• Informative
Reactions: FarmClone

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
No thanks on Cactus bowl. Hate that it’s on the 26th.

As someone that made the drive to Phoenix, AZ in 2000 for the Insight.com Bowl when I was in college, yes the date sucks but the location is well worth the trip. I'm posting this 17 years after that trip and I will tell you that was still one of the most fun trips I have made for an ISU football game in my life. At least now you can buy tickets online, back in 2000 you had to wait in line in the cold outside of the ticket office at Hilton just to have a chance at getting a ticket to the bowl game.

Coming into this season anyone thinking that we had a shot at 8 wins this weekend would have taken that in a heartbeat I bet. After the Texas loss it was melt down mode on CF and a bowl game seemed unlikely so to nitpick at what bowl we might end up at right now is really being petty. Anywhere South and warm is a huge plus right now. The added practices alone are a huge benefit for this program.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron