Bowl Game Projections

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
Clearwater is by far the preferred coast. Atlantic will be colder. I guess it depends on what you're looking for.

Good info. Thanks!

Never been to Orlando before so looking at places outside of Orlando to stay and say Daytona and Cocoa beaches are only 1 hour away vs 2 hours for clear water. I won't get in the water but a warm beach and a mojito is on the schedule.

Boxerdaddy

Oct 19, 2009
Beaverdale, IA
Good info. Thanks!

Never been to Orlando before so looking at places outside of Orlando to stay and say Daytona beach is only 1 hour away vs 2 hours for clear water. I won't get in the water but a warm beach and a mojito is on the schedule.
I've never really hung out on Daytona, went as a kid and drove thru last year, but Clearwater is just gorgeous and known for it's beautiful beaches so I'm partial to that, but would like to hear others opinions on the matter too. Not sure you'd want to stay there for the game but if you're going to stay multiple days, its a short drive.

I guess I don't know what stadium this would be played in? If it's NE Orlando, then Daytona is much closer.

Reactions: jdcyclone19

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Good info. Thanks!

Never been to Orlando before so looking at places outside of Orlando to stay and say Daytona beach is only 1 hour away vs 2 hours for clear water. I won't get in the water but a warm beach and a mojito is on the schedule.

I like to stay on Pelican Island when I visit Tampa/Clearwater. Never been disappointed yet, and love it when the manatees come to the surface and play.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Good info. Thanks!

Never been to Orlando before so looking at places outside of Orlando to stay and say Daytona and Cocoa beaches are only 1 hour away vs 2 hours for clear water. I won't get in the water but a warm beach and a mojito is on the schedule.

I'm on the Atlantic Side. People prefer what they prefer but I've always like the Ocean side over the Gulf. Really, you can't go too wrong either way. Daytona on down should be good weather probably. Around Christmas you can get some cold fronts or it can be 80's still. Cape Kennedy/Canaveral is on this side too so that's always a nice thing to check out for a day or at least a half a day.

• Informative

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I'm on the Atlantic Side. People prefer what they prefer but I've always like the Ocean side over the Gulf. Really, you can't go too wrong either way. Daytona on down should be good weather probably. Around Christmas you can get some cold fronts or it can be 80's still. Cape Kennedy/Canaveral is on this side too so that's always a nice thing to check out for a day or at least a half a day.

Will the water still be warm enough to swim in?

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Will the water still be warm enough to swim in?

Yes, at least it is here. I'm further south and the Gulf Stream is still near the coast here so it's cool but definitely swim-able. There are two resorts just to the south of us and those people swim all the time, even when we residents don't. They're on vacation so have to work a bit harder to make sure they have fun, LOL.

And people go in at Daytona so I know it's fine there. Not like a heated pool but if you've ever tried to swim in the Pacific in CA you will definitely appreciate it here.

Reactions: Boxerdaddy

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Yes, at least it is here. I'm further south and the Gulf Stream is still near the coast here so it's cool but definitely swim-able. There are two resorts just to the south of us and those people swim all the time, even when we residents don't. They're on vacation so have to work a bit harder to make sure they have fun, LOL.

And people go in at Daytona so I know it's fine there. Not like a heated pool but if you've ever tried to swim in the Pacific in CA you will definitely appreciate it here.

Sweet. thanks

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
Madeira Beach is a wonderful place. There is an adult only hotel with a heated pool, shuffle board, and grills. Shoreline Island Resort. Private beach access and wonderful white sand. Amazing family owned place in the world of chain hotels. Highly recommend. If anyone wants to stay there, I follow up with 3-4 good eating places that are local.

52342cyclone

Sep 13, 2011
Toledo, IA
IMO Clearwater area is much nicer than the Daytona or Cocoa Beach area. It's a good 2 hr drive. Also if you can find another family to shack up with it may be cheaper to rent a house in Orlando on VRBO.com. I haven't looked at prices but it is an option

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Florida would be fun but I can't make that trip this year. I love the timing of the Liberty Bowl (Saturday, Dec. 30th) and it's only 5.5 hours away from me. You can bet I'd make the Alamo Bowl or the Texas Bowl as well.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
USA Today has ISU in the Cactus.

Huh.. weird.

The 5th worst bowl of the buy ins.

No teams in the NY6, Which I could see happening. Just don't see how Texas would get a better bowl than us.. but they are Texas.

Hell even WVU getting a better one than us is a stretch. We would bring in way more money.

Would Texas fans travel to shi*ty bowl game?

Help Support Us

Become a patron