Both Gach Transfer Target

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
If his brother is Gach gach, would he be both Gach? Since both names are Gach? Are these two one and the same.

I think his other brother is duol Gach, is that two Gach? Which would also be Gach Gach. Is this like George Forman where all his boys are named George but have numbers behind their names?

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
If his brother is Gach gach, would he be both Gach? Since both names are Gach? Are these two one and the same.

I think his other brother is duol Gach, is that two Gach? Which would also be Gach Gach. Is this like George Forman where all his boys are named George but have numbers behind their names?

I am of the thinking he is from The Sudan. Use to have a bunch of tenants years ago from that part of the world and I swear, if they had not yet taken a Christian name, every male was Lual something. We had a Lual Lual. So this type of thing is not uncommon.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny

Boooooo

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I am of the thinking he is from The Sudan. Use to have a bunch of tenants years ago from that part of the world and I swear, if they had not yet taken a Christian name, every male was Lual something. We had a Lual Lual. So this type of thing is not uncommon.

Luol Dengs brother lived in Austin, or at least used to. He had a kid that was the same age also. Not sure if he was still around or not. Stopped hearing about him around JH but with classes of 300+ you probably lose track of them.

Tid bit about Austin’s graduation. Everyone that graduates with a 3.7 or 3.8 or so gpa gives a speech. There was like 20 who did. I was nervous that it would take 4-6 hours to get through that.

Stereotype

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2017
As I suspected, Mr. Gach's origins are in South Sudan, like those of another successful recent transfer.. Can Shayok not help bring this one home? His transfer achieved the objective of getting to the NBA.
Ames has one of the densest Sudanese populations in the US. Hopefully that’s a factor.

Reactions: Cytown12

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Creighton fans think he is a lock there...God, I need to move away from Omaha and the elitist Bluejay fans.

With Husker football in its current state, those fans have used CU bball as the outlet for their arrogance and entitlement. It's all they know.

CyState85

May 8, 2019
I didn’t comb through the posts but what is the rationale for Gach being granted immediate eligibility?

A Gach, Bolton, JCL, Jackson backcourt with a rotation of Young, Conditt, Johnson and Foster is a pretty solid first 8. An NCAA run isn’t out of the question with that group.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I didn’t comb through the posts but what is the rationale for Gach being granted immediate eligibility?

A Gach, Bolton, JCL, Jackson backcourt with a rotation of Young, Conditt, Johnson and Foster is a pretty solid first 8. An NCAA run isn’t out of the question with that group.
If Gach would get a waiver, so would Tyler Harris. We're also in the running for Justin Smith from Indiana. That entire group is pretty solid.

WesRuby

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 2, 2014
If Gach would get a waiver, so would Tyler Harris. We're also in the running for Justin Smith from Indiana. That entire group is pretty solid.
At that point, you have an entirely different team from last year. Fingers crossed!

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Why? Gach is moving closer to home, Harris moving 600 miles away.

I give Gach a 70% chance waiver if he goes to ISU or UM

50% for Harris
I was under the impression Harris had a pretty good reason too.