Both Gach Transfer Target

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
How does this keep happening? 2-3 days before the announcement everyone is hearing the staff feels really good about a player. Then magically the day before the commitment they are hearing we are out. Makes no sense.

The sense around his recruitment the entire time was Minnesota is the favorite

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
The sense around his recruitment the entire time was Minnesota is the favorite
Won't be a Cyclone. Staff already knows.
Needing a miracle to make NCAA's next year but we should be improved. Hope improved will be good enough.

greenec31

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2017
Roland, Iowa
Won't be a Cyclone. Staff already knows.
Needing a miracle to make NCAA's next year but we should be improved. Hope improved will be good enough.
Lets just hope a couple of the freshman will be ready to play and Harris gets a waiver

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
And if ISU doesn’t land Gach and Harris doesn’t get a waiver what is this team? 15 wins?

I would say 12-14 wins unless you see Dubar and Blackwell having a significant impact.

Last edited:

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
How does this keep happening? 2-3 days before the announcement everyone is hearing the staff feels really good about a player. Then magically the day before the commitment they are hearing we are out. Makes no sense.

I think the staff has substantially misread a few of the previous situations.

greenec31

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2017
Roland, Iowa
We won’t be significantly improved (i.e above .500 & 16 wins) unless Harris gets a waiver.
I think that you should expect a little more and maybe Im just being way too optimistic but Coleman Lands, Johnson, and Harris (with waiver) is a big talent/experience upgrade from Grill, Lewis, and Griffin. Plus you get rid Jacobson and Prentiss who were a lot of the times offensive liabilities. The only loss from last years team is Tyrese. Hopefully a few of these freshmen are Big 12 ready and can play a role. Way more length on the defensive end and can play small or big. Not saying this is a top half of the big 12 type team but a way higher ceiling

Reactions: huntt26

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
I think that you should expect a little more and maybe Im just being way too optimistic but Coleman Lands, Johnson, and Harris (with waiver) is a big talent/experience upgrade from Grill, Lewis, and Griffin. Plus you get rid Jacobson and Prentiss who were a lot of the times offensive liabilities. The only loss from last years team is Tyrese. Hopefully a few of these freshmen are Big 12 ready and can play a role. Way more length on the defensive end and can play small or big. Not saying this is a top half of the big 12 type team but a way higher ceiling

The example given was without Harris getting a waiver. I understand that we have an influx of new players that are more talented than those that transferred out. However this isn’t an influx of elite talent and we were 9-13 last year before TH went down with injury. That is a Top 6 draft pick that you are replacing.
Coleman-Lands will be a player but they need Harris to get a waiver otherwise you are going to see a similar to slightly improved record.

Reactions: greenec31

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Im not sure if Harris is a huge difference maker.
Agree. Even if Harris is eligible, I think JCL and Johnson will have a bigger impact on next season. Furthermore, the improvement/ development of Bolton, Solo, and Conditt could be more important than simply the addition of Harris.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

Need Harris to get eligible. If that happens, our spring went how a lot of us believed it had to for us to be a bubble team. Get two high quality transfers (Harris and JCL), Johnson has to pan out, and at least two freshman have to contribute well. Had we gotten Gach, no doubt we would've been a better team but that would've possibly been one of the best springs we would've ever had. It sucks we didn't get him, but that does not mean we're going to suck next year.

It would be huge if Walker could play big minutes at the PG this year.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Need Harris to get eligible. If that happens, our spring went how a lot of us believed it had to for us to be a bubble team. Get two high quality transfers (Harris and JCL), Johnson has to pan out, and at least two freshman have to contribute well. Had we gotten Gach, no doubt we would've been a better team but that would've possibly been one of the best springs we would've ever had. It sucks we didn't get him, but that does not mean we're going to suck next year.

It would be huge if Walker could play big minutes at the PG this year.
Care to discuss why you disagree? @Halincandenza

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
well, it seems it is do or die for CSP this year. He has to some how figure out how to win with what we have. He is in a league with really good coaches and really good talent, it will be a tall task for him, especially since I believed he underachieved when did he had great talent here. My hope is he has learned a lot and can figure some things out. ISU basketball should be a great program, no reason we can't compete for titles. We have have the support and culture. He needs to figure out how to harness the energy at Hilton, which thrives on momentum. Stop calling time outs after made baskets.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I'm optimistic with what we have. Even more so if Harris is eligible. We have a great incoming freshman class, and if they're ready to ball, you just never know what they can achieve. I'm going to guess 17 wins without Harris, and 19 with him.
My extremely early prediction is 17 wins with Harris, pick up 2 wins in the Big 12 tournament, sneak into the tournament.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
My extremely early prediction is 17 wins with Harris, pick up 2 wins in the Big 12 tournament, sneak into the tournament.
My extremely early predictions are........that no matter what happens......the usual suspects will be here stating TJ would have done it better.

ChickenNuggetMan

Drinks beer with CycloneLarry69
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 24, 2017
Minneapolis
well, it seems it is do or die for CSP this year. He has to some how figure out how to win with what we have. He is in a league with really good coaches and really good talent, it will be a tall task for him, especially since I believed he underachieved when did he had great talent here. My hope is he has learned a lot and can figure some things out. ISU basketball should be a great program, no reason we can't compete for titles. We have have the support and culture. He needs to figure out how to harness the energy at Hilton, which thrives on momentum. Stop calling time outs after made baskets.

Yep, he had several chances to either A: build a team good enough that he wouldn’t be playing for his job this season, or B: garner enough excitement that he would be worth keeping around after this year regardless of how it went. But unfortunately he came up short too many times. A lot hinges on this year for him. And given the level of coaching it’s going to take, I’m not going to hold my breath.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Care to discuss why you disagree? @Halincandenza
I don't think that even with Harris they are a bubble team. I think they needed to land better transfers for that too be likely to happen. Now, I think it could still happen if other things occur such as guys make big jumps or a Freshman comes in and is really good from the start. But right now I think they are bottom of the Big 12 and not on the bubble.

Reactions: Statefan10