BoR laughs at ISU

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
That's good, because you don't.

In my defense, I bet few understand you.
Do not worry, I also do not understand when my dog eats his poop, but I still like him.

But back to your confusion. The "it just was" is referring to GG asking Sally to vote "no". I doubt GG justed asked that to Sally right when Tornado Man or I were posting. Unless of course your name is Sally, which would not surprise me...you seem pretty hot on this issue.

Last edited:

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
I haven't read to the end of the thread yet, but...

The Board of Regents will not tell the U of I to do something that is against their best interest. If Nebraska joins the Big 10, then every member institution will be making more money, which is in Iowa's best interest. The BoR can not tell Iowa to vote against something that would cause an increase in budget. However, knowing that this move would be approved by the entire conference, it would have been nice to see Iowa throw us a bone with a "nay" for Nebraska, although I wouldn't have expected it.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Ok, I agree. I think the most reasonable thing to do is to go east/west with it right?

Here's how it looks to me:
West
Nebraska
Iowa
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Illinois
Northwestern

East
Michigan
MSU
OSU
PSU
Indiana
Purdue

To me, that West division is a little more difficult than the North was. So I suppose you were right there but I don't see the quality in the Championship yet. I would put Missouri level with either Iowa or Wisconsin though. SO in the end, I suppose you were right. Sorry.

That makes sense, although I suppose you could flip Indiana/Purdue and Illinois/NW just about any way you wanted to and not have it affect things too much.

PGreen ISU '92

Mar 6, 2008
Waukee, IA
Let's get this thread back on track.

This is a sad day in the history of college sports in America; and Sally Mason, Gary Barta and the University of Iowa have all been a part of it. They have sent the message that it is all about the money. The spirit of antitrust laws do not matter. It's o.k. to trample on others that have less than you. It is o.k. for tax-exempt charitable orgranizations that are supposed to exist to support student athletes and their best interests can be all about nothing more than money and greed. That is what that "Yes" vote meant.

wdwrkr132

May 5, 2010

This is a sad day in the history of college sports in America; and Sally Mason, Gary Barta and the University of Iowa have all been a part of it. They have sent the message that it is all about the money. The spirit of antitrust laws do not matter. It's o.k. to trample on others that have less than you. It is o.k. for tax-exempt charitable orgranizations that are supposed to exist to support student athletes and their best interests can be all about nothing more than money and greed. That is what that "Yes" vote meant.

They made her vote yes..she didn't want to.

PGreen ISU '92

Mar 6, 2008
Waukee, IA
Where is Governor Culver? He promised he would advocate on behalf of Iowa State and their admission into the Big Ten Conference? I would like to know what he is doing? What are the Board of Regents doing to help? Senator Grassley stated that Senator Hatch (Utah) was checking with the United States Department of Justice regarding possible antirust violations -- where is that at?

cyowa

Apr 18, 2006
No it doesn't. Nebraska has a state population of somewhere around 1.7 millions. 1.7 million of those people are Nebraska fans who have nothing to do but support Nebraska football. They bring million of dollars to the table where as ISU brings thousands of dollars to the table.
++

Uh, I live in Nebraska, I AM NOT A FUSKER FAN! Just wanted to clarify that.

CydaGrove

Oct 21, 2009

Iowa has been trying to squash ISU since before its inception. To expect them to do any different now is asinine.

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
Greed and evil won today; and rather than stand-up and say "No" to greed and evil; Sally Mason said "Yes." "Yes. Yes. A thousand times Yes."

She works for EIU right? End of discussion.

Focus your anger elsewhere....like on the southern schools who from the get go screwed the conf and doomed it by not allowing equal revenue sharing. All conf members allowed this to happen.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Where is Governor Culver? He promised he would advocate on behalf of Iowa State and their admission into the Big Ten Conference? I would like to know what he is doing? What are the Board of Regents doing to help? Senator Grassley stated that Senator Hatch (Utah) was checking with the United States Department of Justice regarding possible antirust violations -- where is that at?

Please tell me you never really thought he was serious.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
If it were Iowa wanting to join the Big 12, many would be upset if ISU voted for them to join. It is in their best intrest money wise to add to the Big 10 and expand the Big 23r4324 foot print.