Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Pretty close to what I'd guess.

Just JCL available: 7-10
One of Harris/Hinson: 5-9
Get both: 4-7

KU, Baylor and Texas are top 3 almost guaranteed. WV and Tech are also going to be really good.

In the end, I think you can be excited either way on the waivers. Because, if they aren't granted. The 2021-22 roster will be really strong. Especially considering they have another scholarship
I'd put down $500 dollars right now that Texas does not get top 3.

Reactions: aauummm

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Pretty close to what I'd guess.

Just JCL available: 7-10
One of Harris/Hinson: 5-9
Get both: 4-7

KU, Baylor and Texas are top 3 almost guaranteed. WV and Tech are also going to be really good.

In the end, I think you can be excited either way on the waivers. Because, if they aren't granted. The 2021-22 roster will be really strong. Especially considering they have another scholarship

Hopefully both kids get waivers but these two would be absolute studs after a sit out year.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

Their roster is extremely impressive. Time for Shaka to prove it!

Notably, the Duke (10), Kansas (08), and UNC (09) teams directly below Texas all won championships.

Shaka has had a lot of talent multiple times and has fumbled every opportunity to do anything impressive with it. We'll just have to see. I wouldn't bet on it though.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Prohm will have his hands full blending this team into a unit without so many new faces (although that's becoming more and more the reality in NCAA hoops). If COVID disrupts practices in pre-season,that could impact ISU more than a team without so many roster changes, it seems to me. (With the talent that the FB team is returning, it could be the opposite - we could have a competitive advantage).

What a great pick-up. Prohm's staff has been good at recruiting; let's see if this influx of talent can get ISU hoops back on track.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Man, this was some welcomed good news this morning. When I saw we got a committ (somewhat randomly to me) I was expecting a project, but this dude seems polished and high major ready.

Awesome that the staff was able to move quickly and snatch him up.
source.gif

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
If they get both eligible I think they are fighting for 6th. If only one, probably fighting for 8th. If neither, it's likely a ninth place finish.

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
Let's get weird. Bunch of switchable pieces that all should be plus athletes.

Prohm may have just constructed mad Fran's dream roster of athletic spiders up and down the lineup.

I hate to be a Debbie Downer ****, but optimizing lots of options in a lineup hasn't proven to be Steve's strength. With COVID making summer plans difficult, I hope some clear performers emerge quickly.

If so, I agree, it could be a surprisingly good team with a lot of versatile threats.

Great pick-up.

Reactions: Cy4Lifer

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Man, this was some welcomed good news this morning. When I saw we got a committ (somewhat randomly to me) I was expecting a project, but this dude seems polished and high major ready.

Awesome that the staff was able to move quickly and snatch him up.
source.gif

That is one really good thing from the 3 new transfers is their high level experience. They are used to high level competition which makes the adjustment to a new team so much easier than say a guy like Johnson even with a sit out year coming from a place like Troy.

Reactions: Cy4Lifer

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Prohm will have his hands full blending this team into a unit without so many new faces (although that's becoming more and more the reality in NCAA hoops). If COVID disrupts practices in pre-season,that could impact ISU more than a team without so many roster changes, it seems to me. (With the talent that the FB team is returning, it could be the opposite - we could have a competitive advantage).

What a great pick-up. Prohm's staff has been good at recruiting; let's see if this influx of talent can get ISU hoops back on track.

To be fair, this has more or less been the normal for Steve, with the exception of his 2nd season, he's replaced the majority of the starting lineup. 17/18 he only returned one starter, Solo who was banged up all year, 18/19 NWB, LW and Lard were the only returning contributors (again Solo was beat up all year), last year was a total reshuffle. He should be getting the hang of this.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

Thought I'd drop this in this thread as well.

As well as some of his stats below from his past two years at Ole Miss. I actually remember this guy two years ago when we played the Rebels. He went 3-8 from beyond the arc.

Kind of cool we got this guy for two years. (hopefully)

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/blake-hinson-1.html

I love the elevation on his jump shot. It seems he often not only stops on the jump shot (rather than still drifting forward like a lot of players tend to do) but he actually jumps backwards a small amount. This makes it really tough to call a charge on a player unless he makes contact before his jump. It also makes it tougher to block and could result in more fouls on shot blockers if they do. Referees don't like to see shot blockers moving toward the shooter on the jump.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
To be fair, this has more or less been the normal for Steve, with the exception of his 2nd season, he's replaced the majority of the starting lineup. 17/18 he only returned one starter, Solo who was banged up all year, 18/19 NWB, LW and Lard were the only returning contributors (again Solo was beat up all year), last year was a total reshuffle. He should be getting the hang of this.
Yeah, I agree. I hope they can have uninterrupted, virus-free pre-season training.