Black Friday deals

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
What does rust-proofing cost these days? I bought my daughter a new car here in TX back in May and drove it up to her on campus. But there's no rust-proofing available down here, so I need to get that done for her.
I'm doing mine myself using Fluid Film.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
The Google Nest Hub (7") will be going down to $49 about everywhere over the next week. Normally $89. I got a free one from Google a few months back and it's pretty good replacement for a standard clock that you keep by your bed. For other locations, I'd recommend the bigger ones.

This is assuming you don't worry about "they are watching and listening to me".

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
The Google Nest Hub (7") will be going down to $49 about everywhere over the next week. Normally $89. I got a free one from Google a few months back and it's pretty good replacement for a standard clock that you keep by your bed. For other locations, I'd recommend the bigger ones.

This is assuming you don't worry about "they are watching and listening to me".
Can you make it get "dark?" So there is limited LED glow?

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Can you make it get "dark?" So there is limited LED glow?

Yes. It does dim very dark unless you touch it or talk to it. It also will stream youtube.tv if you like to fall asleep to the late PAC12 game.

For the privacy, it does have a physical microphone switch so no one says on you and your Romantix purchases.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
What does rust-proofing cost these days? I bought my daughter a new car here in TX back in May and drove it up to her on campus. But there's no rust-proofing available down here, so I need to get that done for her.
Seriously, we bought a used car from a dealer last month and they tried to sell us an undercoating. I think it was around $800.

Reactions: TXCyclones

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Yes. It does dim very dark unless you touch it or talk to it. It also will stream youtube.tv if you like to fall asleep to the late PAC12 game.

For the privacy, it does have a physical microphone switch so no one says on you and your Romantix purchases.
Does it stream YouTube TV well? Sometimes I use my phone to watch it when I don't feel like waking up the wife by lighting up the room with the TV when I can't fall back asleep

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Does it stream YouTube TV well? Sometimes I use my phone to watch it when I don't feel like waking up the wife by lighting up the room with the TV when I can't fall back asleep

Yes and no. Picture is really good, but getting the right show started can be clunky since it's all verbal. So I'll say, "Ok google, play Iowa State vs Kansas State" it'll find it the first time about 75% of the time.

• Informative
Reactions: CyTwins

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
We're due for upgrades on our phones (Verizon customers). They have some deals going now, but we're wondering if they'll be better around Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

Walmart has iPhone 11 for around $650, but you get a $400 Walmart gift card in the mail after you buy. I thought that was a decent deal. Sure, I'd rather have a 12, but the 11 is a major upgrade from what I have.

• Informative
Reactions: Snydes and NWICY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron