Big Brother 23

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I was saying the same thing. They clearly can make some look better than others and thus the audience will vote for the ones they make look good, giving them an unfair advantage.

Agreed. If you're going to introduce a twist, at least do it like you did with the wildcard comp...give the player a choice to make in front of the house. Make it strategy based.

I love Big Brother Canada but they do this sometimes. In season 6 they let Canada vote to save one of the nominees. Then the next episode, they gave this oscar winning performance of an edit sympathizing with one of the nominees and of course he was saved. So then the HOH replaced him with the unanimous fan favorite and she was back doored and out. So screw you production, you deserve it.

Reactions: Drew0311

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
Going all-in on Derek F the last couple weeks for the stock watch game hasn't paid off. I thought he was undervalued given his spot in the Cookout, despite being part of the Jokers. I still think he has a good chance of making it to the end since people won't see him as a physical threat to win comps.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Going all-in on Derek F the last couple weeks for the stock watch game hasn't paid off. I thought he was undervalued given his spot in the Cookout, despite being part of the Jokers. I still think he has a good chance of making it to the end since people won't see him as a physical threat to win comps.

From what I'm gathering on the feeds, he's a great candidate for the final 2 goat.

To further vent on this stupid twist its basically production's way of saying to the audience "hey America give your favorite players $100 and put a HUGE target on their back so everyone else in the house will know. And also majority alliance, this is the order in which you should evict people by in order of how the audience likes them...OH and we're making it very difficult for anyone to rise up against you"

It couldn't have backfired more. Twists are 95% failures in the history of BB.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
From what I'm gathering on the feeds, he's a great candidate for the final 2 goat.

To further vent on this stupid twist its basically production's way of saying to the audience "hey America give your favorite players $100 and put a HUGE target on their back so everyone else in the house will know. And also majority alliance, this is the order in which you should evict people by in order of how the audience likes them...OH and we're making it very difficult for anyone to rise up against you"

It couldn't have backfired more. Twists are 95% failures in the history of BB.

Probably the worst one was Eric stein America's player. America totally screwed him and the people he was aligned with.

Without that twist evel d**k is eliminated halfway through the game.

Reactions: mj4cy

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
How about the twist that basically gave Paul the first 3 weeks off without having any chance of being voted out, so he could basically set everything up. Paul was the player that has benefited the most off the twists. It was completely dumb.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Probably the worst one was Eric stein America's player. America totally screwed him and the people he was aligned with.

Without that twist evel d**k is eliminated halfway through the game.

And he damn near won still. Very underrated player. Wish they had him on BB22 last fall.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Maybe that will make this week a bit interesting.

Would like to think so but this is Kyland proxy hoh. She will do what he says.

I get that this year the core alliance is a feel good story because people of color haven't had enough people in the house to have a big group but this season is becoming another in a long time of big brother seasons dominated by a core alliance. It really sucks the fun out of watching.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Maybe that will make this week a bit interesting.

The show completely botched it, but Kylan spent four hours over night completely convincing SB to do exactly what he wanted. It's basically him running the week.

Also, when SB showed her HOH room, the letter from her GF basically said her GF was jealous that she was cuddling other people AKA Kylan. Later on, when SB and Kylan were talking in the HOH room, the camera trolled them by panning over to the picture of SB's GF lol.

The show isn't showing this, but the Cookout has about a 99% chance to get final 6. The twist was absolutely horrible it was basically telling America who you like the best so they could get targeted. The show is really down playing the Cookout but its the only viable alliance actually.

Claire is absolutely screwed unless Derek X gets picked for Veto, wins it, and decides to use it on Claire. Otherwise it's going to be Derek X/Claire the next two weeks then Alyssa/SB the weeks after.

I have nothing against the Cookout it's just going to be boring til final 6.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Still a week behind but here's Webster's Dictionary first definition of racism:

a belief that race is a fundamental determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

I understand the black community is a historically marginalized community, especially in Big Brother. I look at some of the black competitors on this season and I think we may have 3-4 of the best black players of all time.

I would argue the race issues in Big Brother history are primarily based on CBS making horrific casting decisions. This year, they hit a damn homerun.

As I watch this show, I see The Cookout each has one side alliance who they're close with, but they're willing to throw their closest allies away for The Cookout. This just confuses the hell out of me.

For example, why do Tiffany and Asa skate by? They're worse than Britini at competitions, and Britini is terrible. I think we all know they're bound for a 5th and 6th place finish, anyway.

I absolutely understand, and WANT, a black individual to win, and it would be even cooler to finish second. But these two things almost make this season feel tainted

1) Derek X would be guaranteed a top 3 finish if he was black. Tell me I'm wrong.

2) Kyland, Xavier, and Hannah do not need The Cookout to have success and because of The Cookout, it will make their winning this season less remarkable.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I’m finally caught up. How is it possible that The Cookout hasn’t been outed? Derek X almost had it nailed down, but couldn’t quite get there because of his relationship with TiffyToes. It’s a pretty impressive alliance without any real holes (although production tries to paint TiffyToes as a “weak link”).

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
The only annoying thing about the Cookout is them acting like it's some sort of huge racial thing. Umm you are on a reality show. Winning it won't do crap for your race. Just like winning other reality shows has done nothing for any other causes. I actually have been rooting for Xavier to win so I actually like the cookout. However, I still can't figure out why nobody has been able to sniff it out. I also saw that DX was telling everyone that production was basically begging him to play in the contest knowing that he was going to go up.

Here is that article

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
The only annoying thing about the Cookout is them acting like it's some sort of huge racial thing. Umm you are on a reality show. Winning it won't do crap for your race. Just like winning other reality shows has done nothing for any other causes. I actually have been rooting for Xavier to win so I actually like the cookout. However, I still can't figure out why nobody has been able to sniff it out. I also saw that DX was telling everyone that production was basically begging him to play in the contest knowing that he was going to go up.

Here is that article

With their 2 weeks of diversity training prior to coming into the show, my guess is they probably know better then to out an all-black alliance.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
With their 2 weeks of diversity training prior to coming into the show, my guess is they probably know better then to out an all-black alliance.

Yeah we were talking about the same thing. I actually think the producers put together that alliance. They basically didn't show them having any real conversations to get it going. Just kind of started it in the kitchen. How can anyone call out that alliance without looking bad on National TV.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Yeah we were talking about the same thing. I actually think the producers put together that alliance. They basically didn't show them having any real conversations to get it going. Just kind of started it in the kitchen. How can anyone call out that alliance without looking bad on National TV.

That’s why I don’t know if I’ll watch the next new couple of weeks live. They are guaranteed top 6. It had to be Derek X to call
it out and he gone.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
If somehow DF or Azah win this or are even in final 2 this season is a joke. I've never seen people do this little and make it so far. They are the picture perfect definition of a floater.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Julie came out and said The Cookout wasn’t racist.

“I think it’s hard for some people who are not of color to understand the importance of the Cookout making it this far,” she told Entertainment Weekly. “I have heard some call the formation of the Cookout a form of racism. In my humble opinion, it is not. As a fan of the show, it’s impressive to see an alliance this big make it this far. That rarely happens.”

I would give anything to follow this up with “if Derek was Black instead of Asian, would he still be in this game?”

I completely get the importance having Black success is to the community but not in this way. Cmon CBS, Big Brother, and Julie.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I wonder if once they get down to the final 6 they'll start making cuts depending on how black you are? For example, Hannah is partially Indian. I hate this whole race thing and if it was done by any other race, people would be pissing their pants.
Xavier, Derek X, and Azah seem to be some of the best players I've seen on Big Brother and I've watched all seasons. It seems to me that the Big Brother casting team built this cast to have a black winner, which is fine with me. I don't know that they expected there to be an all black alliance so openly racist but if you can get away with it, it's a winning move. After this year I assume it won't be ok to openly have an all black alliance?

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
I wonder if once they get down to the final 6 they'll start making cuts depending on how black you are? For example, Hannah is partially Indian. I hate this whole race thing and if it was done by any other race, people would be pissing their pants.
Xavier, Derek X, and Azah seem to be some of the best players I've seen on Big Brother and I've watched all seasons. It seems to me that the Big Brother casting team built this cast to have a black winner, which is fine with me. I don't know that they expected there to be an all black alliance so openly racist but if you can get away with it, it's a winning move. After this year I assume it won't be ok to openly have an all black alliance?
Azah? Am I watching a different show?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron