Big 12 Conference Realignment

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
There is certainly value in writing your thoughts down, editing and rewriting before finalizing a take via message board. I'm not sure it has to be an either/or thing with respect to podcasts, tho.

The million dollar question here is, does posting exclusively in Italics enhance said crystallization? :jimlad:
I've explained many times that using something other than the standard font is a curtsy to my Bishop Heelan nuns who taught us the importance of script over printing. Blame Sister Mary Cleophas.

• Dumb
Reactions: Cyeedy and 2speedy1

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I've explained many times that using something other than the standard font is a curtsy to my Bishop Heelan nuns who taught us the importance of script over printing. Blame Sister Mary Cleophas.

J7NbWiU.gif

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Did you know printing is also an issue for those with dyslexia? Cursive is a much better form, albeit italics is a step away from that. We've sure gone off topic here, fellas.

CloneJD

May 14, 2020
I find it curious that people would actually sit and listen to a couple dudes languishing on about sports for 20-30 minutes. Nothing crystalizes thoughts like writing them down. That's why I enjoy these forums but wouldn't spend a nacho watching or listening to a pod. It must be generational?
Your thoughts are crystallized in the style Ted Kaczynski’s were. I’m sure you’ve got an EMAW Manifesto saved on your hard drive already.

Reactions: JP4CY

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Hope she wasn't as mean as the nuns in the show 1923.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
But I can read hundreds of posts while those dudes are jabbering on. That's the point. I'll bet that pod could be summarized in a sentence or two. What a waste. Girls don't.
I enjoy podcasts. But I do get your point, sometimes it does seem like a waste of time. Especially, some of the DAILY realignment pods or vlogs.

But I give the 365 guys credit. They have their whole show as 1 video and then break it up into separate 7-15 minute vlogs by subject matter.

• Informative
Reactions: surly

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I enjoy podcasts. But I do get your point, sometimes it does seem like a waste of time. Especially, some of the DAILY realignment pods or vlogs.

But I give the 365 guys credit. They have their whole show as 1 video and then break it up into separate 7-15 minute vlogs by subject matter.

Like anything else, there are people good at communicating through writing or podcasting and others who aren't. The explosion in availability of media content (including youtube) has definitely given the impression that quality has declined overall. But monologuing for any period of time for over a few minutes is incredibly hard to do consistently well off the cuff. We've just come to accept that as part of the medium I think.

An inability to write in a concise way is much worse, in my view.

• Winner

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
I find it curious that people would actually sit and listen to a couple dudes languishing on about sports for 20-30 minutes. Nothing crystalizes thoughts like writing them down. That's why I enjoy these forums but wouldn't spend a nacho watching or listening to a pod. It must be generational?
Then how do you get all that super behind the scenes info and takes that your media Purple Kitten God, John Kurtz puts out everyday. You know from all his "sources", like The Athletic, ESPN, and the Kansas City local news that he reads and claims it is insider info.

• Dumb

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Then how do you get all that super behind the scenes info and takes that your media Purple Kitten God, John Kurtz puts out everyday. You know from all his "sources", like The Athletic, ESPN, and the Kansas City local news that he reads and claims it is insider info.
I can't stand Kurtz. He's a young, self-delusional trumpet. He's banned me on social media. I'm surprised you listen to him.

• Funny
Reactions: CYCLNST8

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
I can't stand Kurtz. He's a young, self-delusional trumpet. He's banned me on social media. I'm surprised you listen to him.
I dont... I catch a bit here and there, see some of his tweets. And because I watch a lot of similar and have watched a bit of a video here and there, he pops up in my recommends all the time.

I cant stand the guy, he is a complete tool.

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
The difference, and it’s a huge one, is that Big 12 fans are interested in KSU-TTU, and ACC fans are not interested in BC-GT. The Big 12 is more valuable than the PAC or ACC because the Big 12 has good consistent viewership and the ACC and PAC don’t. Hell, a couple years ago Okie State- ISU went head to head with the Pitt vs the Big 10s white whale in Notre Dame, Fox vs ABC, and OSU-ISU had over 400k more viewers. Clemson would have prime time ESPN games vs Miami and draw very underwhelming numbers.

I don’t think the new Big 12 has much interest among fans outside the conference, save for a few big games. But the ACC and definitely the PAC don’t have great interest among fans within their own conference.
Bravo. Goldwater is one of the great posters on cyfan.

GoldCy

Jul 11, 2016
Since TV only cares about FB, l wonder if it was considered cutting out for everything else to leave earlier. Wouldn't have to put up with them in KC

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
The difference, and it’s a huge one, is that Big 12 fans are interested in KSU-TTU, and ACC fans are not interested in BC-GT. The Big 12 is more valuable than the PAC or ACC because the Big 12 has good consistent viewership and the ACC and PAC don’t. Hell, a couple years ago Okie State- ISU went head to head with the Pitt vs the Big 10s white whale in Notre Dame, Fox vs ABC, and OSU-ISU had over 400k more viewers. Clemson would have prime time ESPN games vs Miami and draw very underwhelming numbers.

I don’t think the new Big 12 has much interest among fans outside the conference, save for a few big games. But the ACC and definitely the PAC don’t have great interest among fans within their own conference.

They can sell a lot of trucks to people in that footprint.

This league has value. I'm happy Yormark got the league paid and stopped the goddam "we're the Mountain West without OU & the Cows" talk

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
I've never had an issue with your posts surly. But to me, if you've been blocked/banned on any social media you might want to look internally.

• Agree
Reactions: dafarmer

Help Support Us

Become a patron