Better Call Saul

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
Amazing how these old guys end up action starts late in their career. Watched 'Nobody' last night and Odenkirk was quite the ass kicker. Not a great movie but I appreciated Christopher Lloyd also getting a moment as a bad ass!

• Agree
Reactions: keepngoal

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
I haven’t seen today’s episode yet, but just noticed in the previous episode when Saul’s meeting his Clients at the nail salon one of his clients is a cleaned up Spooge, seemingly before his meth addiction. In breaking bad the guy is a meth addict, looks totally run down, and gets his head crushed by an ATM machine.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
Only one episode until the mid season finale? That sucks. I assume that means long break before the next episode. That’s unfortunate.

• Sad
Reactions: ISUKyro

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
What's ol' Lalo up to?

Yep. Color me confused. This is a strong and great overlap to BB. Gus is yet to meet Walter, but Werner is already eliminated by Mike and the lab is not yet ready for (Gail?).

But no idea why Lalo would fly to Germany to search Werner’s house. I am sure they will tie this together.

Last edited:
  • Dumb
Reactions: Macloney

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I haven’t seen today’s episode yet, but just noticed in the previous episode when Saul’s meeting his Clients at the nail salon one of his clients is a cleaned up Spooge, seemingly before his meth addiction. In breaking bad the guy is a meth addict, looks totally run down, and gets his head crushed by an ATM machine.
That episode of BB shook me real hard.

Reactions: CycloneVet

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Yep. Color me confused. This is a strong and great overlap to BB. Gus is yet to meet Walter, but Werner is already eliminated by Mike and the lab is not yet ready for (Gail?).

But no idea why Lalo would fly to Germany to search Werner’s house. I am sure they will tie this together.

Lalo is looking for the reason that Gus used a big time German engineer for a construction project. If he figures out that he is making a super lab on this side of the border then he can get Don Eladios permission to kill Gus.

• Agree
Reactions: Gorm and Remo Gaggi

FarmClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 3, 2009
Lalo is looking for the reason that Gus used a big time German engineer for a construction project. If he figures out that he is making a super lab on this side of the border then he can get Don Eladios permission to kill Gus.

Yep, trying to figure out who the other guys are that were working on the lab to get information out of them to use against the chicken man.

Reactions: CycloneVet

bstegs

SuperFanatic
Apr 11, 2006
Champaign, IL
At first I though he actually might have a bit of a conscience. He enjoyed her company and didn't really have an issue with her. However, after turning it over a bit more, I think he was ready to kill her, but was afraid of news of her death getting back to Gus.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
I fear this series will end like Ozark ended where they try to tie up a million loose ends in only a couple of episodes. Great show, but left me a little unsatisfied.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
At first I though he actually might have a bit of a conscience. He enjoyed her company and didn't really have an issue with her. However, after turning it over a bit more, I think he was ready to kill her, but was afraid of news of her death getting back to Gus.

I agree, he doesn’t have a conscience and was only caring about the inconvenience of dealing with the aftermath

Reactions: bstegs

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Finally caught up to you all, I was avoiding this thread due to spoilers.

First off, this is a great show! I liked Breaking Bad but I like this show even more. I am so happy they not only brought back Mike but made him a main character.

Why no update to Cinnabon Saul on the first epidsode of Season 6 like every other season opener? Potentially a conclusion to Cinnabon Saul at the very end of the series?

And yes I agree with everyone Lalo is crazy but not messed up in the head like Tuco. Very smart and is two steps ahead of everyone (like Gus). It will be very interesting to see him and Gus face off. Knowing the events of Breaking Bad, Gus either wins or somehow neutralizes Lalo but Gus' hate for the Salamancas (and vice versa) continues to brew.

Reactions: CloneIce

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I think someone else mentioned they thought Jimmy saw her in Omaha and that was my thought as well. I think somehow she gets out or leaves.

The house the Lalo stopped at last night, did anyone pick up on some of the conversation he had with the wife and how that relates back to one of the body's found at his house?
As soon as they revealed she was originally from Nebraska I thought that it can't be a coincidence the writers made her from there and Cinnabon Saul happens to be placed in Omaha during the end of BB. Maybe there was a chance she moved back home so she could continue to see Cinnabon Saul in some capacity.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
First Half Season Finale tonight. Have a feeling a lot of sh*t is going to go down tonight.