Best & Worst Traditions

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
North Carolina State University Krispy Kreme Challenge? Got it? Eat them run and donate money to the NC Children's Hospital. Love the donuts (actually my favs), find the concept incongruous.

Last edited:

20eyes

May 15, 2020
Honestly would have thought that "Sweet Caroline" would have been mentioned for us. Saying "Tornado Sirens" for a team known as the Cyclones is just lazy. Especially when other teams sound similar sirens yet aren't "weather related" mascots in any way.
I respectfully disagree. This guy is an OU fan and he digs the siren. I've been saying since I stepped onto campus (25 years ago) that they should blare a tornado siren before games and for TDs. He says it's the best because he thinks it's cool and I do too.

20eyes

May 15, 2020
North Carolina's Krispy Kreme Challenge? Got it? Eat them run and donate money to the NC Children's Hospital. Love the donuts (actually my favs), find the concept incongruous.
NC State, correct?

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
I respectfully disagree. This guy is an OU fan and he digs the siren. I've been saying since I stepped onto campus (25 years ago) that they should blare a tornado siren before games and for TDs. He says it's the best because he thinks it's cool and I do too.

My mistake (in fact you should not have respectfully disagreed and should have simply made fun of me). Reading it on my phone I didn't realize there were two columns and mistakenly believed he thought the sirens were our "worst". That said, WTF is "running up the steps"?

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Another candidate for ISU's worst tradition:
Leaving at halftime to chug a few beers and not getting back in time for the third quarter kickoff. It looks terrible when we're on TV and they do a pan of the stands before 2nd half kickoff with huge sections of empty stands in a game that is a sellout

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
Another candidate for ISU's worst tradition:
Leaving at halftime to chug a few beers and not getting back in time for the third quarter kickoff. It looks terrible when we're on TV and they do a pan of the stands before 2nd half kickoff with huge sections of empty stands in a game that is a sellout

Serve beer inside like a normal sporting event, don't allow pass-outs and make money. Win, win and win.

20eyes

May 15, 2020
Among my favorites -- Maryland worst tradition - Ugly Uniforms.
One of mine is WVU
Best - Couch Burning
Worst - Fight Song

That's a next level dis of their fight song. This guy is funny. I laughed out loud at a few, including "running up the steps".

Reactions: cyclones500

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron