Best Convenience Store

Best Convenience Store

• Total voters

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Are there any Kwik-Star/Kwik-Trip in the metro? I think there was one on Merle Hay near Johnston but it's since changed I believe.

As far as the physical store/cleanliness, I favor QT. Plus they have Top Tier fuel. If I'm looking for food - pizza or donuts, I go Casey's.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Are there any Kwik-Star/Kwik-Trip in the metro? I think there was one on Merle Hay near Johnston but it's since changed I believe.

As far as the physical store/cleanliness, I favor QT. Plus they have Top Tier fuel. If I'm looking for food - pizza or donuts, I go Casey's.
Yes they are blowing up all over the metro

Reactions: ianoconnor

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Just realized Tobacco Outlet Plus is a KS/KT product. That's what is on Merle Hay. Do they have the same food options as a normal KS/KT?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Just realized Tobacco Outlet Plus is a KS/KT product. That's what is on Merle Hay. Do they have the same food options as a normal KS/KT?
I think it depends by store. That one on Merle Hay has some, the one on Duff in Ames is just a few small groceries.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
What’s the smallest town with a Kwik Star?

Caseys is willing to set up shop in very small communities. And breakfast pizza.:)Many places, it’s the only place you can find an open public restroom, not that I have used a public restroom since 2/28.

I haven't been to Janesville in a while but there is a Kwik Star there that is basically the only thing in town.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
My vote is for Kwik Star and second would be QT. Both stores pay their employees well and generally have plenty of staff to get people in and out quickly. Gas prices are competitive in Ankeny. Casey's gets a hard knock from because their image is stale (unless you happen to walk into a new store) and so many of their stores are in major need to remodel. Reimage that logo while they're at it. It's not the 80's anymore.

They took your advice but would have been better doing nothing IMO. It looks like a Wendy’s logo now.

Reactions: DBQR4CY

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I like Caseys for a lot of things but every time I get coffee there it ******* sucks. Too watery.

DBQR4CY

Jun 7, 2013
Ankeny(By way of Dubuque)
Wonder what it would look like if they kept a black outline and the chicken weather vane black? I just looks like something out of the late 90's/early 2000's. For as large as the company is, this is the best they could do? Tells ya why Kwik Star is crushing them and they are new to the Des Moines Metro.

Last edited: