Bars for watching the Oklahoma State Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Keg stand is a good spot, typically.

As for the rona' comments. He wasn't suggesting you guys unbolt your doors, take the bars off the windows, and climb out of your basements. You have the right to still do that. Just like he has the right to go do what he wants.

He's not telling you guys what to do, so give him a suggestion on a place to go or just STFU.
True. He was indicating a desire to exercise his right to be stupid.

Which is why the “rona’” is still a thing.

Which is the reason many of us can’t go to a bar (or to the stadium) to watch the game. Either because we’re high risk or we have a loved one who is. Or we don’t go because we have enough brains to respect the simple fact that there are other people out there who are high risk, and ending the spread means that risk goes away.

To put it in your own terms, take a minute to think it through before you talk like an inconsiderate, unreasoning dumbass, or STFU.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
True. He was indicating a desire to exercise his right to be stupid.

Which is why the “rona’” is still a thing.

Which is the reason many of us can’t go to a bar (or to the stadium) to watch the game. Either because we’re high risk or we have a loved one who is. Or we don’t go because we have enough brains to respect the simple fact that there are other people out there who are high risk, and ending the spread means that risk goes away.

To put it in your own terms, take a minute to think it through before you talk like an inconsiderate, unreasoning dumbass, or STFU.

lol ok man. got it!

I'll listen to you from now on and hate my life.

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
Not a bar, but Brightside Aleworks in Altoona might cover you. It's owned and run by two ISU alums. They have a great setup inside, good beers, and they typically have a food truck on Saturdays.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I might actually get some beers for tomorrow's game since there's more games of interest throughout the day.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
And I'm not trying to turn this into a rona' conversation by any means. I've generally stayed off of this website because everything turns into it and you're not allowed to have your own opinion because people like @Aclone will chastise you.

He was simply trying to ask for a recommendation and @Aclone comes on here and blasts him for that. That's not fair.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
And I'm not trying to turn this into a rona' conversation by any means. I've generally stayed off of this website because everything turns into it and you're not allowed to have your own opinion because people like @Aclone will chastise you.

He was simply trying to ask for a recommendation and @Aclone comes on here and blasts him for that. That's not fair.

Everything get's turned into a Rona convo. It's like some people get paid per Rona post and how they are right and everyone that does not believe their way of thinking is wrong.

• Agree
  • Dumb
Reactions: 83cy and Macloney

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Everything get's turned into a Rona convo. It's like some people get paid per Rona post and how they are right and everyone that does not believe their way of thinking is wrong.

Believe it or not... Right and wrong, smart and stupid still exist. **** your opinions. If your way of thinking is wrong, it’s wrong. If you can’t deal with that then you make the above post. Stop being a *****.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Believe it or not... Right and wrong, smart and stupid still exist. **** your opinions. If your way of thinking is wrong, it’s wrong. If you can’t deal with that then you make the above post. Stop being a *****.

Being a **** is when someone asks a question and you answer it by bringing up a totally different subject. That's what being a **** is. Not being a **** is the people who responded by telling him what bars the game is being played at. Maybe you should investigate the difference.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Being a **** is when someone asks a question and you answer it by bringing up a totally different subject. That's what being a **** is. Not being a **** is the people who responded by telling him what bars the game is being played at. Maybe you should investigate the difference.

You may not be long for the internet. Snowflakes melt and the internet can be a hot place.

• Dumb
Reactions: 83cy

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019

I don't think there is a right/wrong here.

I'm not right or wrong for wanting to live my life, just like you or anyone else is right/wrong for wanting to stay inside and do nothing.

Me thinking that I want to go out to a bar and have a beer and watch a game is not wrong. As much as you want to claim everyone who has that view is "wrong".

You think that bar owner finds it "wrong" that I'm going to their place to support their living? You'd be WRONG.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
I don't think there is a right/wrong here.

I'm not right or wrong for wanting to live my life, just like you or anyone else is right/wrong for wanting to stay inside and do nothing.

Me thinking that I want to go out to a bar and have a beer and watch a game is not wrong. As much as you want to claim everyone who has that view is "wrong".

You think that bar owner finds it "wrong" that I'm going to their place to support their living? You'd be WRONG.

As long as you don't come into contact with anyone who is compromised health wise, or just older in age, you are 100% correct.

No matter weather you are right or wrong though, you really can't deny that your attitude towards this is the reason that this virus is spreading like wildfire still. I'm not here to discuss the merits of weather or not you are right or wrong, just merely pointing out that this is why the virus is still spreading.

I will add this though, My Grandmother died of COVID because one of the workers in her care facility thought the same way you did, "I should be able to live my life as I see fit." They brought the virus into the facility and not only my Grandmother, but quite a few others died because of it.

So yeah, as long as spend all of your time with only other like minded individuals, then sure, you can do whatever you want.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
As long as you don't come into contact with anyone who is compromised health wise, or just older in age, you are 100% correct.

No matter weather you are right or wrong though, you really can't deny that your attitude towards this is the reason that this virus is spreading like wildfire still. I'm not here to discuss the merits of weather or not you are right or wrong, just merely pointing out that this is why the virus is still spreading.

I will add this though, My Grandmother died of COVID because one of the workers in her care facility thought the same way you did, "I should be able to live my life as I see fit." They brought the virus into the facility and not only my Grandmother, but quite a few others died because of it.

So yeah, as long as spend all of your time with only other like minded individuals, then sure, you can do whatever you want.

I agree with you and all of that.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

THE CHAIN DOESN’T END THERE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron