Ball state added to Schedule

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Really love this game! They will stress our defense and prepare us for Big12 offenses. But their defense was pretty bad last year.

This will be Ball State's first game of the season. They will be prepared. But not having a game before this gives us a large competitive advantage

Good Purdy stat padding game for the heisman campaign. Only half joking.

Reactions: Waukee4Cy

Raiders70

Nov 18, 2015
Not saying we don't shake up the schedule to fit week 0, but I don't see us moving the Big 12 schedule in any way. I could see us moving all 3 games up one week, giving us a Bye on 9/19. That would give us two weeks essentially before starting the Big 12 slate.
Great idea. UNLV has open date on 12th so very feasible.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Mike Rose will be able to realize even more what a great decision he made to decommit from Ball State and join us firsthand.

CloneJD

May 14, 2020
Why wouldn't it be? Or maybe they do this one with no fans to reduce risk.

Just surprised JP would cut them a check without the game bringing in additional revenue. Unless one of our TV partners wanted to pony up but I can't believe Ball State is a large TV draw.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Great idea. UNLV has open date on 12th so very feasible.
Yeah that option would actually work perfectly. USD, Ball State, and UNLV could all realistically be moved up without hurting their schedule or our schedule at all.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Just surprised JP would cut them a check without the game bringing in additional revenue. Unless one of our TV partners wanted to pony up but I can't believe Ball State is a large TV draw.
Did I hear it wrong? Thought we agreed to a 2 for 1

Pseudonym

Apr 7, 2009
San Francisco, California
I see we are still in the delusional phase of things.

Considering a 27 year MLB player came down with COVID and now is suffering from myocarditis (inflammation of the heart)--its simply shocking to me CFB is even trying to delude themselves that they have any knowledge or basis to make this work in a safe manner--when we still have zero idea of the long-term consequence of what COVID does to the body.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
tenor.gif

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

Considering a 27 year MLB player came down with COVID and now is suffering from myocarditis (inflammation of the heart)--its simply shocking to me CFB is even trying to delude themselves that they have any knowledge or basis to make this work in a safe manner--when we still have zero idea of the long-term consequence of what COVID does to the body.
That pitcher is currently pitching for the Red Sox no?

Raiders70

Nov 18, 2015

We got 50 posts in before someone decided to do this. Surprised it got that far.

Reactions: psychlone99

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL

I think sports telecasting is in high demand from the networks. Especially with the limited inventory of potential games to start the season, I think these early games are going to get larger than normal viewership.