Bad luck lost that game.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
This has probably been talked about already. Babb, spraining his ankle in a fluke, was probably the difference in the game. I watched the game carefully in the replay, and sure there were some bad calls, but I am the first to complain about bad refs, and these were not bad refs. All refs make mistakes, and these made some, but over all, they tried to call the best game they could. The call on Clyburn hurt us, but there were so many other factors in that game that hurt us, and the worst one was losing Babb. I doubt they make that run on us in the second half with Babb on the floor.

In the meantime it took us some time to get used to Babb's absence. You have anything like that happen in a game and it throws off the rhythm of the team. I don't feel bad about that loss, the players were ready, we just had a bad break. This was a great team that had an outside chance to go all the way. Everybody that isn't blind can see that. We were almost as good as the number 6 team in the country without Babb today. I bet this team is better than number 6. It is great to be a Cyclone.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
It takes good luck to win the championship. Either that or have a completely dominant team. I may be dead by the time we win a championship, but if we can keep Fred here, every year we will have a chance to have some luck. After awhile, you beat the odds.

D

DistrictCyclone

Give credit to Thad Matta and Craft. Matta told his guys to play for the last shot and was willing to risk overtime in order to prevent us from getting the opportunity to score, and the way Craft ran down the clock and calmly drained that three was pretty incredible.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Yeah, the one call we remember, but there were several things going noir way there for awhile (travels and other TOs called on tOSU)

Free throws really hurt us....gotta get the front end of the 1:1s.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Yeah, the one call we remember, but there were several things going noir way there for awhile (travels and other TOs called on tOSU)

Free throws really hurt us....gotta get the front end of the 1:1s.

The turnovers weren't botched calls. OhioState turned it over.

I thought the refs were fine until the end of the game. But just because they only blew 2 calls, doesn't mean that they get off scott free.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
Give credit to Thad Matta and Craft. Matta told his guys to play for the last shot and was willing to risk overtime in order to prevent us from getting the opportunity to score, and the way Craft ran down the clock and calmly drained that three was pretty incredible.
I have no trouble giving credit to them. I just would guess that losing Babb through off the rhythm of the team. I didn't think from watching that Ohio State was a better team than we are. In fact, I thought on a good day, we beat them. They are a very good team, and on their very good day they beat us. They didn't have that great of a day today. They were ripe for upset. We didn't pull it off, and I am not complaining, just think losing Babb really hurt us. This is just conjecture since no one will ever know what would really have happened.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
The turnovers weren't botched calls. OhioState turned it over.

I thought the refs were fine until the end of the game. But just because they only blew 2 calls, doesn't mean that they get off scott free.
You are really hard on refs, JSB, I thought there was no one in the world harder than me. All of my family thinks I am the biggest ref hater in the world. My mother wants to disown me. My community is scared of me. And yet, you are harder on refs than me. Imagine what my mother might do to you.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
You are really hard on refs, JSB, I thought there was no one in the world harder than me. All of my family thinks I am the biggest ref hater in the world. My mother wants to disown me. My community is scared of me. And yet, you are harder on refs than me. Imagine what my mother might do to you.

I am intensely loyal :)

I honestly do understand the idea of not blaiming the refs. And I think this game was less about blaming the refs than the Kansas game. But the refs did have an impact today. That was not a charge and everyone watching it knew it.

Oh well. I'll ***** about it forever.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
I am intensely loyal :)

I honestly do understand the idea of not blaiming the refs. And I think this game was less about blaming the refs than the Kansas game. But the refs did have an impact today. That was not a charge and everyone watching it knew it.

Oh well. I'll ***** about it forever.
I appreciate that loyalty. I have no problem with people griping about refs. For the most part, they deserve it.