B-ball Ticket Renewal Pushed Back

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I'm sure they are just so sure they are going to have a season and that demand will be so high they need to increase their pricing structure....?

::Sobs uncontrollably::

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
They should do the same as football (get to keep for next year) although maybe the lack of attendance/success last season influences that.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I'm sure they are just so sure they are going to have a season and that demand will be so high they need to increase their pricing structure....?

::Sobs uncontrollably::

Best case scenario they are able to have 50% fans. In that case they'd need to somehow only allow about 60% of the 12,000 season ticket holders to attend, and then reseat them throughout the arena (I'm sure someone paying parquet prices will be thrilled to be stuck in the upper balcony).

But that's extremely best case scenario. Being indoors is even more of a spread risk than outdoors and even at 50% capacity would be a very high risk thing for community spread. It's been far enough out that it hasn't been on many peoples radars, but basketball has seemed much less likely than football and football is on the ropes.

The good news for basketball is with the smaller teams it might be easier to play the games, even if fans aren't in attendance.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
They should do the same as football (get to keep for next year) although maybe the lack of attendance/success last season influences that.

They will almost have to as so long as they're limited at 50% they can't allow all season ticket holders to attend anyway

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

They absolutely will. JP gets it, he's not going to bite the hand that feeds him.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Best case scenario they are able to have 50% fans. In that case they'd need to somehow only allow about 60% of the 12,000 season ticket holders to attend, and then reseat them throughout the arena (I'm sure someone paying parquet prices will be thrilled to be stuck in the upper balcony).

But that's extremely best case scenario. Being indoors is even more of a spread risk than outdoors and even at 50% capacity would be a very high risk thing for community spread. It's been far enough out that it hasn't been on many peoples radars, but basketball has seemed much less likely than football and football is on the ropes.

The good news for basketball is with the smaller teams it might be easier to play the games, even if fans aren't in attendance.
Even Nebraska High School was able to conduct the final two rounds of the state tournament without fans...first round was with family members only. I would think that how the NBA does their thing will serve as some sort of learning tool for the colleges.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
I was hoping I'd be able to use this year to improve my seating location. I'm still 2 sections away from the donor level I'm at and can't seem to socially distance from the top row of Hilton. Been a season ticket holder for 12 years and donor for 6.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
For those that didn't get it:

The month of July is usually the time of year when you receive information regarding the renewal of season tickets for men’s & women’s basketball and/or wrestling.
We thought it was important to let you know that this year’s season ticket renewals for each of these sports will be pushed back to a date to be determined later this summer or fall. Once ticket procedures have been finalized, you will receive another email with detailed information on the season ticket renewal process for these winter sports.
If you have any questions you can email us at [email protected] or you can call our office at (888) 478-2925 during our current business hours of 9am-1pm, Monday-Thursday. Please note that our office is not open to the public at this time.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding.
Go Cyclones!
ISU Athletics Ticket Office

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
For those that didn't get it:

The month of July is usually the time of year when you receive information regarding the renewal of season tickets for men’s & women’s basketball and/or wrestling.
We thought it was important to let you know that this year’s season ticket renewals for each of these sports will be pushed back to a date to be determined later this summer or fall. Once ticket procedures have been finalized, you will receive another email with detailed information on the season ticket renewal process for these winter sports.
If you have any questions you can email us at [email protected] or you can call our office at (888) 478-2925 during our current business hours of 9am-1pm, Monday-Thursday. Please note that our office is not open to the public at this time.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding.
Go Cyclones!
ISU Athletics Ticket Office
PoshJitteryKitfox-size_restricted.gif

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I know you all want to watch some games in Hilton (and rightfully so if reasonably safe and prudent to do so), but I just want to watch some basketball.

If the much more cautious approach of just playing the game without a crowd... don't really care where, Hilton would be fine, Sukup would be fine, heck, Ames Middle School down Mortensen, really do not care here... and sticking a camera there to watch it is what it ends up being (if that is, again, the reasonably safe and prudent thing to do), then I am going to be thankful for just that much. Be safe but want my sports, too.

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
I’ve gone to almost every home game since Hoiberg’s second year as coach. It will feel so weird if I don’t even go to a game in person this year. Plus, I know some people that have been going A LOT longer than I have. I feel bad for them.

CloneJD

May 14, 2020
It'll be interesting if we see a C-19 spike similar to the flu this fall. If so, Katy bar the door.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I was hopeful for basketball, this scares me about football now.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
I was hopeful for basketball, this scares me about football now.
I think both will be cancelled. Hate to see it happen, but I think it would be the correct move. I just do not see how football can be played. If they do play, many games will be determined by who can play for each team. Better put a large asterisk by the whole season.
Basketball would be the same, but maybe more manageable. The indoor venues would most likely eliminate fans from the equation for BB. I think fan attendance at either is DOA. Overall public behaviors give me very little hope that things will get better soon. I would expect a football decision must be made by 01Aug.