Avery Henry 22 OT - Commits

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Remember the good ole days when Coach Rhoads would sign athletic 270 pound kids and try to put 40 pounds on them? Oh how times have changed.
You mean just like our incoming recruiting class, when CMC is doing the exact same thing?

• Funny
Reactions: t-noah

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
You mean just like our incoming recruiting class, when CMC is doing the exact same thing?

Rhoads was getting like 225 lb kids and trying to beef them up

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA

These kids had 3-star rating on their recruiting profiles. Rhoads would have been after the kids with no stars and no offers from other schools to add to their mystique.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Just so that we’re all clear on this particular commitment…

View attachment 86471
A couple of thoughts on this exciting commit:

- I absolutely love that WVU offers, he kind of acknowledges that, and then sneezes at it and commits to Iowa State a day later! Ten years ago WVU was eating our lunch in recruiting and in head to head battles we lost most of them. Now it is reversed totally and I would say we are kicking their ass in 60%+ of recruiting battles we go head to head on. The importance of this is key, since we are both below OU in the pecking order and head of other schools like KU and k-state now. Maintaining an edge recruiting wise against the wvu's and k-states will be key in us continuing to do what we do.
- This kid is an absolute freakshow. His body type and frame is actually not unlike what NFL tackles look like almost. Give this kid two years of Dave Andrews and wow, watch out.
- His video: he actually plays some defensive line in his tape and was blowing people up. Not surprisingly he does the same in his tape on offense. This kid is a mover of people and a total mauler. Guys we continue to get O-line guys like this, and frankly the running back we put behind them becomes less and less of an onus.

Man this is real progress in the recruiting game.

Last edited:

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
His body transformation is unbelievable. Hope the Iowa fans on here that were calling him fat feel bad about themselves.... but they won't. Heck, they support a racist program in IC.

WISCY1895

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 25, 2009
He’s pretty athletic for his size. He was able to dunk a basketball when he was 360 lbs

Reactions: WesRuby

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Andrews was the missing piece to the puzzle. It really surprised me when Rudy Wade's contract wasn't renewed. He had been with Campbell for years. But in hindsight, there was a good reason to do so and there's no looking back.

We saw what the TOE did under Doyle. Our upside will be much higher.

I think after the way ISU got mauled by ND in the bowl game Campbell knew he had to do something, and he did. The situation with the kicking game is the same thing. He knew it was a glaring weakness and he brought in multiple guys to get it fixed.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
I thought maybe they used slightly different terminology. That dude is an absolute d..k.