Athletic Facilities across the Nation

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Figured start a thread to show the latest in Athletic Facilities across the country.

Minnesota & Michigan just opened up new facilities.

Minnesota: $166 Million Football Facility & "Athletes Village":

Michigan new 32,000 sq ft., $21 million Weight Room:

DTwefiHW0AApKBm.jpg

DTwefh8XcAApRJK.jpg

DTwefiBWAAAj4wm.jpg

DTwefiBW4AU1JOW.jpg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: NWICY and CYCLNST8

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Why would Michigan spend all of that money to make a basketball court and then make it half court - but not even full width half court? Dumb.
Was probably just a thing at the end of planning where they said we have this "small" space available what do you want to put there? Harbaugh probably said just put in a basketball hoop.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Too bad one of the big companies, besides the basically 2 that have, in Iowa wont spend some money on helping ISU put a facility up.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Whats up with the full fencing up the walls in that basketball court? Seems odd.

Reactions: RezClone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Too bad one of the big companies, besides the basically 2 that have, in Iowa wont spend some money on helping ISU put a facility up.

Minnesota borrowed almost $90M to do it. Fund raising to cover that is ongoing. They thought they were in a situation in the Big 10 where they needed to do that. They are probably right.

Even though they do really well as an overall department (30th in Directors Cup 2016/17) they aren't doing great in the marquee revenue sports lately.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

agardini

Nov 12, 2009
Ha. I work for one of those big companies in iowa. If they were to announce any gift to either iowa or isu there would probably be mutiny there. Anything that does not give the shareholders value will not be considered. I would assume the other large companies are the same in that manner.

Back on topic. There's an absolute insane amount of money in college athletic facilities.

Reactions: CyDegen

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Back on topic. There's an absolute insane amount of money in college athletic facilities.

This is what I was thinking. It's crazy some of the facilities that are being put up. It doesn't help parity at all either as the rich just get that much further ahead now.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Ha. I work for one of those big companies in iowa. If they were to announce any gift to either iowa or isu there would probably be mutiny there. Anything that does not give the shareholders value will not be considered. I would assume the other large companies are the same in that manner.

Yes that is true, but you do see other companies doing it, and there are still a few private companies that it would be nice to get some from. Leave a cool legacy for someone.

agardini

Nov 12, 2009
John Deere?

Read this.