Arnold Park - Activities

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
As others have said, Nutty Bars are a must. The tipsy house is great fun and free. If you head a little further North where East and West lakes join, you can watch all of the boat traffic navigate under the bridges between the lakes. My kids loved to watch those boats when they were young and for the adults, the boats contain some nice "eye candy" as well. If they like to fish, you can catch yellow bass, sunfish, and perch pretty easily from the public docks and piers. There is also a nice beach area right there on the West Okoboji side. If you wanted to kayak or canoe the canals on the west side of West Okoboji is a great place to do that. In August the canal water is pretty green with weeds and algae but you will see lots of turtles, frogs, and muskrats and there are no waves or currents to worry about. The occasional boat going through to or from the lake will be going slow as well. There is free live music every Friday and Saturday night at the park.

Cybeast

Dec 28, 2011
Go to Okoboji Classic Cars. It is amazing has Life size diorama of 1950's main street Spencer and 1960's scene surrounding Arnolds Park and West Lake Okoboji the art is unreal the largest known indoor mural. And now has a indoor recreation of a drive-in theater playing movies. And lots of cool cars.

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLONE STATE

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
Looking up Maxwells, I found The Koffee Kup, which I recall as a great place for breakfast (as others online noted). Maxwells I think used to be in the Central Emporium. It looks like another high end restaurant is in that location now, instead.

I was going to say are many other lakes and beaches and such, but the sunsets are pretty great right in the vicinity of Arnolds Park. You don’t have to be at a business to see it, obviously, but something to keep in mind as you are out and about.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Sorry I should clarify. we will spend one or two days at the park, looking at other things around that area.

Last I knew there was a go cart ranch and maybe a water park somewhere outside Okoboji.

Had some good times up that way as a kid.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Zippers burned down
giphy.gif

• Funny
Reactions: CloneGuy8

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Head East used to play there frequently. Probably not so much now.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron