Anything good on Prime video?

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
The Boys. But there is a scene fifteen minutes into this new season that is utterly bonkers that will turn a lot of people off I think. We however found ourselves laughing and saying what the fuckkk just happened.
JUSTICE FOR TIMOTHY

TheDuke

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 16, 2012
The Lake, MN
Most of the big shows have been named a few times.

Patriot - has been mentioned and is severely underrated. Hard to describe where it fits, maybe subtle comedy that really hit's after a while with some action.

Fleabag - Comedy that was really good. The gf and I both really liked it

Outer Range - New sci-fi thriller with Josh Brolin. Was really good.

Frank of Ireland - comedy worth throwing on

Jean Claude Van Johnson - Completely ridiculous premise, but i couldn't stop watching it after I started. Jean Claude Van Dam is a cover alias for Jean Claude Van Johnson who is essentially deep government spy. If you go into expecting to see something cheesy and like that sort of thing, it's worth a watch.

TheDuke

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 16, 2012
The Lake, MN
Forgot about Mad Dogs, that was a really good mini drama/comedy mini series. A little bit like White Lotus but more WTF moments. Both star Steve Zahn.

Reactions: Cydkar

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I HIGHLY recommend this documentary.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

Patriot - has been mentioned and is severely underrated. Hard to describe where it fits, maybe subtle comedy that really hit's after a while with some action.

Jean Claude Van Johnson - Completely ridiculous premise, but i couldn't stop watching it after I started. Jean Claude Van Dam is a cover alias for Jean Claude Van Johnson who is essentially deep government spy. If you go into expecting to see something cheesy and like that sort of thing, it's worth a watch.
Mrs. Velo and I just watched the first episode this past weekend. I'm worried that Josh Brolin in it is one of those ploys where they put a big name actor in it to get you hooked and then you rarely see him/her again.

TheDuke

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 16, 2012
The Lake, MN
Mrs. Velo and I just watched the first episode this past weekend. I'm worried that Josh Brolin in it is one of those ploys where they put a big name actor in it to get you hooked and then you rarely see him/her again.
He's pretty much front and center for the entire season.

Reactions: VeloClone

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Watched it last night. I thought it was awful, lol. Takes 1/3 of the movie for something to happen. The middle 2/3 is a dude talking and the final 1/3 tries to build up to the last 3 minutes. A boring, waste of time in my opinion.
I remember it had a lot of hype around it, especially for a streaming platform movie, and I enjoyed about 90% of it; I thought the build-up and the atmospherics of it were really well done, and that budget made it look like something from the '50's. But man alive, that ending was just such a letdown.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I know it was mentioned above briefly but Fleabag is on Amazon and one of the best comedies I've ever seen.

Part of me wishes there would be more, but it ended with nothing but great run so maybe better and in five years I’ll watch again. I always tell people the best “not around your kids” comedies are that and Eastbound on HBO.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net

The band playing the bar in Outer Range have been good friends of mine for over 20 years. They're called Anesthesia. Amazing band!

The show itself is pretty strange, but it's worth watching.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Savoring the original "Kids in the Hall" (and uncensored) before moving on to the current-day season.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
I watched a few episodes of The Terminal List tonight. Decent so far.

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Enjoyed "I Think We're Alone Now" with Peter Dinklage as a post-apocalyptic loner who enjoys his solitude until another survivor shows up.

Help Support Us

Become a patron