Anyone Use T-Mobile?

clonebb

Oct 23, 2015
Been on TMO for 12 years. I have had service in camp grounds where Verizon doesn’t and visa versa. I am on the 55 plus plan and unlimited everything. Can’t beat the price for what you get.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
What are people’s plans and costs? I have unlimited Verizon on 5 phones and total bill is 195/month.

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
What are people’s plans and costs? I have unlimited Verizon on 5 phones and total bill is 195/month.
We have the unlimited plan with 3 lines (one line is free for as long as we're with T-mobile). We also went with auto-debit which knocked some additional off as well. I think we're somewhere in the neighborhood of 110/month.

ISUguy

Unsurpassed Сasual Dating - Legitimate Girls
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Usa
We are thinking of switching from Verizon to T-Mobile and were wondering how coverage was in central Iowa and also throughout the U.S. T-Mobile has a 55 and over plan that will provide more service for much less money - roughly $30 less per month. It looks like their coverage is good but want to see if anyone could provide real life experience. TIA!

We have been with them for around 15 years or so I believe? We live in the Twin Cities but have family near Ames and Sioux City. Up to a couple of years ago, we could not get service in Sioux City. Very frustrating. We were blocked all the way from Omaha to the Sioux City area in eastern Nebraska. Last time we were in Sioux City, we got service so they must have expanded the tower. Someone else said Sioux City worked well also so that is good. We have also gotten good service in Ames the most recent time we were there.

Only other frustration was going through Wisconsin a couple of years ago. Service was spotty as we moved from Green Bay, Milwaukee, the Dells, etc. We were relying on Google maps and lost signal. Ugh. That may have improved since then?

Plan-wise...we have six lines with data for a little under $160 per month. We have a certain amount of data and then it slows down. Maybe 3 GB per phone? May be wrong on that as most of the time we are on wi-fi. We went to Ireland and they had some plan we purchased to allow us to get service there as well. Fairly affordable.

We have never looked to switch and have been happy overall.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
We've had T-Mobile for several years and have really liked it. We have 5 lines and pay right $142/month.

We go to eastern and western Iowa a decent amount of time and we don't have issues with service anymore, we used too. There might be a dead spot on 141 but it is only for a few minutes, not a big deal.

T-Mobile is starting to offer cellular internet, I think we are going to sign up for that. I am waiting for a deal from Directv or something. We were going to go with Playstation Vue but that is not an option anymore. Youtube raised their prices quite a bit but would still be cheaper for T-Mobile and Youtube compared to what we pay now. My BIL has youtubetv and I am not a fan of the delay and occasional lag.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Been on T-Mobile 8 years and haven't looked back. By far the best customer friendly company of the major ones. The free usage in 200 countries has been a lifesaver for me personally, though I pay for the upgraded faster international plans.

Never had an issue going anywhere in the country either. Hell I even had a signal here:

TbHC8zM.jpg

Reactions: cygrads

cysmiley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2012
I had t-mobile several years ago, before merger. Got it as some have mentioned for the foreign coverage. Was told by salesperson they had coverage in southcentral Iowa, (I got it at the DM store). Anyway, each month my service would stop doing outgoing calls about half way through the month at home, yet would work when I went overseas or to the DM and Ames area. Kid that was going to ISU had no problem. Contacted many techs and had an ongoing service complaint reference number for six months. Finally talked to a tech guy out in Washington state that told me the truth, they had a policy that limited "roaming" in the small print of my plan, and when I was at home, my phone was "roaming", thus I could only use it for half the billing period at home, while I was fine in areas I was on T-Mobile towers. I was ********** that it took them that long to tell me my problem, and they lied to me when originally switching to their service. Never use them again unless that tech, who wasn't authorized to tell me, did so; becomes CEO.