Ames Lager

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
IMG_6805.jpeg

We've teamed up again with Coaches vs Cancer to brew up a special batch of beer, and auction off the label to raise funds for cancer research. The lucky winner of this year's auction was none other than Jay Chapman, a local sports fan, and all-around community supporter, who's wild about the Juicy Wiggle!

Packed with enough fruity hops to keep your taste buds grooving, each sip is a burst of tangy grapefruit, zesty citrus, and sweet orange that'll make your taste buds sing. This beer is a party in a glass, waiting to get the good times rolling!

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
View attachment 124981

We've teamed up again with Coaches vs Cancer to brew up a special batch of beer, and auction off the label to raise funds for cancer research. The lucky winner of this year's auction was none other than Jay Chapman, a local sports fan, and all-around community supporter, who's wild about the Juicy Wiggle!

Packed with enough fruity hops to keep your taste buds grooving, each sip is a burst of tangy grapefruit, zesty citrus, and sweet orange that'll make your taste buds sing. This beer is a party in a glass, waiting to get the good times rolling!
I'd definitely like to try it. Still wish there was an Iowa State or We Will affiliation like Backpocket & WestO though.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclonespiker33

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
View attachment 124981

Surprised ISU Legal allowed the "Cy" to be used in this way.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Morning y'all. I've kind of hinted that there are some positive things going on with West O and Ames Lager and I am happy to finally announce one of those things. I have taken the position of Sales and Distribution Manager with West O. As a fellow diehard, I am beyond stoked to move back to Iowa and the Ames/DSM area to help grow the brand, especially Ames Lager, in Central and Eastern IA. We appreciate the support of our brand and WeWill and are excited for the next step.

I have taken note of all the concerns with the product and the lack of availability and distribution. I can assure you those issues are behind us, but it will take some time for me to get us into every bar/restaurant/bottle shop, so please be a little patient. That said, we have purchased more fermenters and brite tanks to continue to ramp up production and our distributor partners have been on board.

Please continue to share in the thread where y'all want to see the suds!

Cheers!
Northeast Iowa. Like real Northeast Iowa. Not Waterloo. Not Mason City. I'm talking Toppling Goliath land. We got a little bit last fall and my local liquor store (Ox & Wren in Cresco) sold out of it fast.

Would love to see it (and more West O products in general) in this neck of the woods!

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
View attachment 124981

This seems like a missed opportunity for ISU and We Will

• Agree
Reactions: Messi and Erik4Cy

RollClones14

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2018
A bleak WeWill outlook at Waukee Hyvee today

- they had the original cold brew batch loaded into a cart in the aisle selling for $1. (Haven’t had the new batch, but the old batch unfortunately isn’t worth the $1)
- No Ames Lager available (didn’t see any west o beers. Hopefully the redistribute soon)

The backpocket Iowa state hazy IPA’s are also 4 for $5. Bought a couple at that sale price.

Raiders70

Nov 18, 2015
It does seem like Ames Lager has slowly disappeared from shelves in the last few weeks literally everywhere.

SWCy13

Nov 14, 2011
has anybody had any recent luck finding Ames Lager in Waterloo/CF? Going to be in town for work tomorrow and was hoping to pick up a few six packs for this weekend!

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
has anybody had any recent luck finding Ames Lager in Waterloo/CF? Going to be in town for work tomorrow and was hoping to pick up a few six packs for this weekend!
Not sure what direction you’re coming from but I just saw some last week at the Bettendorf Hyvee on 53rd.

ackatch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 22, 2021
Waukee
Went into Waukee Hy-Vee Saturday to get some Ames Lager, was told by the manager "They aren't making Ames Lager anymore". I told him they were in fact still making it, and was hit with a "well they must not be shipping it down here".

I left and went over to University Liquors and got 4 6-packs.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Happy's in Cedar Falls had it middle of last week but there wasn't much left.

Reactions: SWCy13

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Picked up a sixer at the west Ames hyvee Sunday afternoon. The counter guy said they had been out on Saturday. Picked up some we will pizzas also.

Reactions: MJ29

SWCy13

Nov 14, 2011
Not sure what direction you’re coming from but I just saw some last week at the Bettendorf Hyvee on 53rd.

Coming down from the Decorah area. We get zero up here unfortunately. I'll have to check Happy's in CF & hope for the best!