All FB coaching rumors and speculation

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
The uncertainty with conference realignment is my biggest disappointment if CMC leaves now, the school needs football program stability.
If Luke Fickell is staying and coming to the Big 12 instead of heading to California, I think it’s fairly safe to say CMC is staying as well..

Beach_Tornado

Aug 12, 2021
So what exactly does USC offer? CMC apparently doesn’t care about the money. He has young kids… Midwest is generally regarded as one of the best places to raise a family. He has a great relationship with the AD here. Iowa State has great facilities now. He just came off what some would consider to be a disappointing year (compares to expectations), yet nobody here wants to see him leave.

I just don’t see why CMC would want to leave for USC. But in the end of the day, it’s his decision.
I agree. But with the amount of seniors leaving and everything else going on, it seems likely he leaves. Hope I’m wrong

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Fair, but Ficklell might be heading to the playoff so complicates things a lot more.
Oh sure but that doesn’t change the fact he’s going to be in the Big 12 in two years (unless Ryan Day miraculously leaves).

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I agree. But with the amount of seniors leaving and everything else going on, it seems likely he leaves. Hope I’m wrong
I’d find it very hard to believe Matt Campbell recruited in the highest rated ISU class of all time by essentially bull shitting and lying to them about him being their head coach. I definitely could be wrong but I from everything we’ve been told, he’s just not that type of guy.

cyclo120

Apr 11, 2006
I’d find it very hard to believe Matt Campbell recruited in the highest rated ISU class of all time by essentially bull shitting and lying to them about him being their head coach. I definitely could be wrong but I from everything we’ve been told, he’s just not that type of guy.
Even though I admittedly am not feeling great about him staying, this is one of the things I go to. The USC job has been open for a long time and yet we still have this class.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Even though I admittedly am not feeling great about him staying, this is one of the things I go to. The USC job has been open for a long time and yet we still have this class.
Matt hasn’t shown our fan base a sliver that he’s going to bow out when the going gets tough. I think lots of people are getting sucked into the big name of USC, their reporters / media, etc. I hope and think I’m right because this all smells like what’s happened in years prior, where Matt Campbell and co. will get another extension / raise and our program will continue the trajectory.

cyclo120

Apr 11, 2006
Matt hasn’t shown our fan base a sliver that he’s going to bow out when the going gets tough. I think lots of people are getting sucked into the big name of USC, their reporters / media, etc. I hope and think I’m right because this all smells like what’s happened in years prior, where Matt Campbell and co. will get another extension / raise and our program will continue the trajectory.
I hope this as well, but trying to remember if a single school has had this much smoke for Campbell appear out of nowhere especially since the job has been open for a while.

• Agree
Reactions: 83cy and agentbear

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I hope this as well, but trying to remember if a single school has had this much smoke for Campbell appear out of nowhere especially since the job has been open for a while.
FSU was honestly big from what I remember. Gotta think it being LA magnifies everything as well. Time will tell, but I’m being cautiously optimistic that this is all just smoke and mirrors

jdubs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 5, 2011
Come on man, this is a bad comment. Takes years to build those relationships and even if he does leave he didn't ******** anybody, USC wasn't even open when all those kids committed.

I like Campbell and he obviously likes ISU. But he isn't "one of us". He doesn't have a degree from ISU and isn't from Iowa. I'm not saying he's a coaching mercenary like some guys but if he leaves for USC (objectively a great job) it isn't "bowing out when the going gets tough". In his mind he would have made the best decision for him. I know other people feel differently and it sucks if he leaves but he doesn't owe us anything.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Come on man, this is a bad comment. Takes years to build those relationships and even if he does leave he didn't ******** anybody, USC wasn't even open when all those kids committed.

I like Campbell and he obviously likes ISU. But he isn't "one of us". He doesn't have a degree from ISU and isn't from Iowa. I'm not saying he's a coaching mercenary like some guys but if he leaves for USC (objectively a great job) it isn't "bowing out when the going gets tough". In his mind he would have made the best decision for him. I know other people feel differently and it sucks if he leaves but he doesn't owe us anything.
Not gonna argue here and respect what you said.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Dave Aranda as well. So, apparently those guys feel the conference is on stable ground.
Apparently. Who knows what Matt is thinking, but everyone staying and him leaving would certainly be interesting. Idk.